GO HERE One Step Install Script or ISO

Dean Penderghast

Reaction score
Good afternoon:

I'm trying to create a USB disk for installing CentOS 6.7 and PIAF 3 in one step. I'm not a big Lunix guy so this might sound stupid to most of you.

What file do I need to modify on the CentOS installation so after CentOS is installed it automatically launches a script that executes the steps to get PIAF 3 downloaded and installed?

OR is there an ISO available that will install CentOS and PIAF in one fail swoop much like FreePBX and other Asterisks based PBX systems?

Dean Penderghast

Reaction score
These all talk about Incredible PBX but I'm talking about PBX in a Flash. What's the difference?

Dean Penderghast

Reaction score
Just an FYI, I downloaded and installed the IncrediblePBX13.2.iso onto the Intel NUC that I'm testing. Unfortunately it didn't work. After running the install I kept getting keyboard and mouse errors on the prompt and I never was able to get the PBX website to come up on my desktop. I then reverted back to CentOS 6.7 and was able to get PIAF 3 installed and fully functional on this NUC.

So back to my original question - how can I create an autoexec or some automated script so I can simply install CentOS and run a script that does all the work to get both PIAF and SugarCRM installed on the box?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
After running the install I kept getting keyboard and mouse errors on the prompt...

Sorry, but I have no idea what you mean by this. What were the errors? When did they occur?

I never was able to get the PBX website to come up on my desktop.

Was there an error message? Was your desktop PC in the firewall whitelist of the server? What did status show in the CLI?

Happy to help, but we can't read minds. Sorry you had trouble.

Dean Penderghast

Reaction score
Ward, no problem. On the screen it kept prompting that the USB Logitech mouse was found and ready to use over and over again. I eventually unplugged it from the back of the NUC and the messages disappeared. Didn't get those with CentOS at all.

On my Windows 7 desktop when I tried to enter in the IP address of the NUC all I got was no web page found at 192.168.99.128.

All I did was download the IncrediblePBX13.2.iso file, burned it to a USB drive and did a fresh install on the Intel NUC test computer. If I can get the IncrediblePBX13.2.iso working then great. Otherwise I'll need to learn how to make my own iso file that has CentOS and a script that automatically sets up and downloads PIAF and SugarCRM.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Intel was one of the first to embrace UEFI and all of the problems it caused for open source software. While I haven't bought a NUC in several years, my hunch would be that installation problems on the NUC platform still probably stem from that design.

Dean Penderghast

Reaction score
The only tutorial that I'm following is the one on the Getting Started website for PIAF. There's nothing on that site that talks about a special tutorial for a NUC platform.

Besides there's nothing in that article that's special for the NUC unless you're using WIFI. This NUC will eventually be used as an in house PBX system that's wired into the network so WIFI isn't necessary at all.

Last edited:

Dean Penderghast

Reaction score
I am currently testing the Intel NUC NUC5i3MYHE which has an Intel i3 processor and room for a 2.5" drive. I have 4gb of memory installed with a Seagate Black 250gb HDD for testing, but will install a Samsung 128gb SSD drive once I get the right configuration setup. I don't need WIFI or Bluetooth so those are not installed at all.

Here's a link on Amazon's website for the unit: http://www.amazon.com/Intel-NUC5i3M...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

So far it's a great machine and installation of CentOS 6.7 has gone very smooth each time I installed CentOS. Just trying to work around the PIAF install gotchas like the .htaccess file and unsigned modules right now.

I will read the NUC tutorial in just a bit to see if anything there will help with these last bits of issues. My goal is to use the PIAF-Black version once I get all of this installed and running properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.