TIPS On intercom systems?

CapnBio

Reaction score
I've been looking around for many intercom systems but they all lack information I what I need to actually get it done.

I would like a recommendation on what I'd need to get a 2-4 or up to 6 speaker intercom one-way to several rooms with zones, and the reception is the only phone that has access to the intercom system. I've never done this before but I'm a very hands on guy.

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
Some paging application can be found here, to get you thinking in broad terms: http://www.voipsupply.com/blog/voip-insider/ip-paging-system/

You have two options... connect to an existing paging system with a paging adapter, (or install one if that's the route you choose), OR use IP phones which have an 'auto-answer' speaker-phone built in. With the second option, you can page (or intercom) each extension individually, or set up paging groups as required.

CapnBio

Reaction score
Some paging application can be found here, to get you thinking in broad terms: http://www.voipsupply.com/blog/voip-insider/ip-paging-system/

You have two options... connect to an existing paging system with a paging adapter, (or install one if that's the route you choose), OR use IP phones which have an 'auto-answer' speaker-phone built in. With the second option, you can page (or intercom) each extension individually, or set up paging groups as required.

Thank you for this. I think the best thing to do is get the phones that support 'auto-answer' with speaker. With a few groups setup with it.

CapnBio

Reaction score
Ok, so we are changing our minds about this, we're actually going through with an actual pa system. The way I'm actually going to do this is by buying one of these Viking systems
Since we already have an amplifier already powering speakers throughout the building with music from a radio source, I thought of connecting the amp to the Viking pa system and viola, plus need to add a waterproof loudspeaker outside.

My only issue is I need help installing the system to the pbx system. I actually need help on that part. Is there an extra module that I would need to connect to my asterisk system? Or can I just use a phone with auto-answer with it?

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
If you are going to do it right then go all the way and get a SIP base version of this unit I think Viking has one.

You might also look at the Snom PA1 and the Algo 83nn products..

======================

CapnBio

Reaction score
If you are going to do it right then go all the way and get a SIP base version of this unit I think Viking has one.

You might also look at the Snom PA1 and the Algo 83nn products..

======================

How would I be able to configure it? It seems like a more affordable solution.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
How would I be able to configure it? It seems like a more affordable solution.

That's the trade-off. If you want to get into the engineering and exact details of some of these things, you might get away with what you're looking at. If not, Then @phonebuff solution is probably the better option. You might or might not get your solution to work. But with the more expensive ones, you definitely will. Your choice.

I just underwent a similiar situation with door phones. I tried the cheap, and the amount of time I wasted, I just grabbed an Algo 8028 and was done with it. Cost money ... but it works.

CapnBio

Reaction score
That's the trade-off. If you want to get into the engineering and exact details of some of these things, you might get away with what you're looking at. If not, Then @phonebuff solution is probably the better option. You might or might not get your solution to work. But with the more expensive ones, you definitely will. Your choice.

I just underwent a similiar situation with door phones. I tried the cheap, and the amount of time I wasted, I just grabbed an Algo 8028 and was done with it. Cost money ... but it works.

Thank you for tip, I just need something simple. I only have a single zone and a bunch of radio speakers in all of the building overhead. I just need to have everyone hear me all lavadero the building just in case I get a tour of our facility and etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.