FYI Old PiaF, post-3CX

sleipnirtron

Reaction score
Is there a statement or documentation that discusses older PiaF installs/usablity now that 3CX has taken over? What about updates, fixes, etc?

I'd love to try PiaF 5, but $350 a year is not feasible for one small office phone that makes 20 calls a month and I have no need for smartphone apps or desktop clients that might justify some of the expense. And to be honest, the buyup of more than one previously free and open distributions carries a not-faint whiff of Fonality/Trixbox, which is a big deal for me.

sleipnirtron

Reaction score
So I've at least answered some of my question - update-programs times out as well as -update-fixes, at least on Mirror #1. :(

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Incredible PBX 13 and Incredible PBX for Wazo still offer equivalent open source solutions. There's also a free version of PIAF5 that requires no annual fee. The $350 you referenced is for the commercial 8-call annual license.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.