QUESTION Old Digium Card (tdm400), how to connect?

jd01

Reaction score
I need to build a new box and have a 4 port Digium tdm04b (4-FXO modules) PCI card which is currently running in a Dell PowerEdge SC 430.

Can this be successfully connected in a modern PC somehow in a PCIe slot and used on current rls of PBXIAF?

If so how? Can you give some type of converter that I would need?

Thanks

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Most current IBM x series servers can have a PCI riser card ordered to replace the PCI-e one, last I checked anyway.

jd01

Reaction score
Thx guys.

I'm gonna go to Microcenter and see what they have. Perhaps I can find a box with a PCI slot in it-- or else try one of those adapters.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Upd: No go at Microcenter. No Boxes ready to go w/PCI, only express, and no PCI to PCIe converters- so I'm gonna rebuild temporarily on an (old) different sc430 1GB/1TB, and while that's running, purchase update digium cards (PCIe) and get a pair of new boxes (dell, HP, whatever brand) and go from there.

jd01

Reaction score
Just ordered this Lenovo core i3 4GB server ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...18321&cm_re=70A4000HUX-_-59-106-529-_-Product ) $250 AR,

with this Digium analog card ( http://www.telephonydepot.com/Catalog/Digium-A4-Series-Cards/Digium-A4B00F ) with 3 FXO modules for my POTS lines (~$300),

and I'm going to pickup two of these 1TB HD's ( http://www.microcenter.com/product/...b-s_35_Internal_Hard_Drive_WDBH2D0010HNC-NRSN ) from Microcenter ( < $50 each)

and try to setup PIAF on this system in an md RAID 1 mirror.

Any thoughts?

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Those are desktop drives; not suitable for RAID; better you setup a backup to the second drive.

Otherwise fine.

jd01

Reaction score
Message received on the HD's.

Returning those drives and getting WD Red ones instead.

That should do I assume.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
I have a Digium card with the echo cancellation which replaced a clone and an OpenVox (each without hardware EC).
I love the hardware EC - makes all the difference in the world.

My two cents.

Andrew

jd01

Reaction score
thx for the follow-up Andrew.. I did *not* order the EC modules *yet*.

Digium tech support told me that my old cards (TDM400P) came w/ EC builtin (when I inquired about this yesterday), but in my further research it seems they were mistaken, that it is the newer model TDM2400P which came w/the HW EC.

Therefore, my the old cards have been performing just fine for yrs with SW EC so I decided to forego the EC modules for now, and if it's an issue (can't see why it should be any problem at all since I'll be moving from an ancient trixbox to PIAF), I'll just get them and pop them in afterwards... but I can't see it happening..

and $200 savings aint bad.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Hey, I'm not one to set fire to $200 without a reason, either.
However, my old trixbox used OSLEC as the software EC; I've not found anyone who has gotten OSLEC to work with PIAF. The provided software EC choices failed to perform for me. I may have noisy lines or other issues, but with the hardware module I've never had a complaint (which I did using the OpenVox and ZapMicro boards).

Andrew

jd01

Reaction score
I'm confused. Is the software EC in Trixbox of say 9 years ago, different, if not superior to what is currently being used in PIAF?
That is a serious question.

If affirmative, I'd find that shocking- that all these years later, things would not have caught up to what existed back then.

I guess I'll find out soon enough and report back.

jd

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.