TIPS OK, looks like I'll have to give up

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
I've been trying to install 13-13 on a new (to me) box with a TDM800P w EC board.

I've gotten dahdi to work (2.11) and can get dial tone and make calls, but the connection over the analog handsets starts to go in and out and then out after 5 minutes or so.

I've had to 'force' the channels to reload at boot and had to force my SIP connection.

Time, I think, to give up and drop the old PBX Green machine back into its slot.

This really shouldn't be so hard for me to get right - there just aren't that many moving parts.

Just bitchin'. I"ll use Green until it no longer connects, I guess. Just can't see spending $400 to get new SIP wireless handsets around the house to avoid using the Digium board.

Andrew

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@AndyInNYC $20 Sipura ATA from eBay will have your home phones back in business in minutes. Been using them for years.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
How's the echo, though? I've used Obi's and Wildcard knockoffs and the connection was always terrible.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Just ordered a Linksys SPA2002 - hopefully it will allow me to dump the Digium board.

Andrew

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
@wardmundy,

Is there a SPA2002 guide for configuring as extensions with freepbx? I don't need a trunk setup. Nothing I've googled seems to quite fit.

Andrew

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Set up a standard extension. On the SPA2002, here's our setup.

EGXyTpJWsAEJjxt

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
There's an Auth ID and a User ID. Are these both set to the Extension?

Thanks for the response. Device gets here (supposedly) Friday.

Andrew

dallas

Reaction score
If you have configured a trunk on the SPA2002 you need to change the SIP port for the extension.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Just installed the Sipura on my system. Seem to work fine for both lines (yes, using 5060/5061 for ports).

One item of bother. There is an inordinately long delay between dialing the number and the call going out over the PBX. Is there some form of delay on the menus which can be adjusted? I didn't see one, but I'm not sure where to look.

Andrew

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Been a while, but I think timeouts are defined in the dialplan. Check that part of the manual.

kenn10

Reaction score
The ATA needs to have a dial plan installed so it knows when you've dialed the whole number. You'll find instructions in the SPA instructions. It is set up in a similar fashion to what you do in FreePBX but definitely not the same. The following link gives you some basic info. Remember to have it programmed for your extensions but be specific enough in the dial plan so it can tell if you're dialing an extension, a local call or long distance to cut down on the delay after dialing.

Here is the link: https://wiki.voip.ms/article/Dial_Plan_for_Linksys_ATAs

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you are seeing an inordinate delay in call processing that can be caused by no internet connection on the PBX. I had a system a few months ago that was on an isolated vlan and it took 7 seconds before it would process calls. Once we put it on the data vlan and it would see its external IP address that issue went away.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Obviously there's a connection, because the call goes through. This is all on my local network. Thanks for the thought, though.

Andrew

hawk#1

Reaction score
Obviously there's a connection, because the call goes through. This is all on my local network. Thanks for the thought, though.

Andrew

I think you misunderstood what DoubleDriveLine was saying. I understand his network had a connection to the internet, there was a delay in getting the call out, because the pbx did not have an active internet connection and the delay was because it took a few moments for the pbx to get a live connection. Several years ago, I had a 24/7 dsl connection that would take a few seconds to actually get a live connection, then I found out that I needed to set the network to keep the connection live. Anyways he was not implying that you were not connecting to the internet, but to ensure the pbx connection is always live.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
@DoubleDriveLine is referring to Asterisk DNS issue, without an active Internet connection, Asterisk gets pissed off. @kenn10 is probably closer to the issue. Check the ATA dialplan, it needs to be modified to match digits you are expecting to dial, such as 2xx for internal calls (assuming extensions in the 200 series), 911, 91xxxxxxxxxx for long distance, 9xxxxxxxxxx for 10 digit local (assuming you are leading outbound with a 9), don't forget 9911 as well. Modify the SPA accordingly. PS: don't forget * codes and anything else you may have. Dialplan strings can get quite long a tricky. Someone developed a script for the Obi to generate it for you, not sure if that will be useful or not.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's input. Sounds like the dial plan will be beyond me - if I miss something my wife will be annoyed that "the phone doesn't work". She's more forgiving of the delay.

My extensions are all 4 digits; I use 7,10 and 11 digit dialing, *20XX for speed dials (there was once a dahdi issue using the default speed dial), international dialing and 911.

Knowing my limitations, I'm unlikely to get all of those right any time soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.