TIPS Obivoice is now Vestalink

miguel

Reaction score
i recently changed my router you are Right to edgemax but I have forwarded everything what do you recommend?

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Is the MWI working on your Linksys/Sipura ATA, I cannot get it to work, tried two units .support just told me to be sure MWI is on and it is on both ATA's

MWI does work in general with my PAP2T-NA, yes. I can't now test it with Obivoice, however, because my trial just expired...

chdyoung

Reaction score
Asterisk was accepting incoming calls and immediately disconnecting.

To fixed this I changed:
type=friend

Perhaps this is due to using an older version (FreePBX 2.8.1.4)

BTW I have not been able to install a newer version of FreePBX on a different (older notebook) computer because it only has CDROM and will not boot from USB.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The days of using a CD instead of a DVD are probably coming to a close. Sorry.

mbellot

Reaction score
The 32 bit version of PIAF 2.0.6.4 still fits on a CD and I can confirm a successful install just Friday. There are also reports of 2.0.6.4 being successfully converted to SciLi/PIAF 3.6.5 which I am in the process of trying right now.

I converted from 32 bit CentOS to PIAF3.65 with one problem here recompiling Dahdi.

I'll be curious to see if you are successful or run into the same issue.

chdyoung

Reaction score
The 32 bit version of PIAF 2.0.6.4 still fits on a CD and I can confirm a successful install just Friday. There are also reports of 2.0.6.4 being successfully converted to SciLi/PIAF 3.6.5 which I am in the process of trying right now.

I don't have much time to play during the week, but will try that this weekend.

chdyoung

Reaction score
I converted from 32 bit CentOS to PIAF3.65 with one problem here recompiling Dahdi.

I'll be curious to see if you are successful or run into the same issue.

I have a CD ready to try an install and upgrade this weekend.

joeyf

Reaction score
Can probably change the thread title...Obi voice is now Vestalink:

Changes already...BTW, got in on the Nerdvittles promo, thank you very much! Service is good through my Obi device. Their SIP app and default Opus codec was not so great for me. I use the Media5-fone app for Android and have had excellent quality utilizing the g.729 codec on both WiFi and 3g.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
E-mail announcement:

Why Vestalink? Obihai Technology, Inc in Campbell, CA has asked us to change our name.

In order to protect our customer’s investment in our company we have decided to fulfill their request. The new name will not affect the service or the support that we provide. How you access the website and your billing information will remain the same and we will always continue to provide you and your family quality, affordable VoIP service.

We are taking the transparent approach, so if you have any questions about your service please feel free to contact us on the website via the Live Chat program or send us an email at [email protected].

acesdeals

Reaction score
i am a vestalink user now, but i dont understand why a company that offers phone service does not have a phone support line

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
i am a vestalink user now, but i dont understand why a company that offers phone service does not have a phone support line

The BYOD VoIP companies that I have dealt with do not offer phone support. Callcentric, VoIP.ms are but a few. The only one I have used that did have support was Vitelity, but even then, I think there is a charge - not sure now so you would need to research.

Providing phone support to customers is expensive and these companies run on a very low profit margin. Most companies clearly document their setup. I myself find this board, or Google, a much faster resolve to issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.