TIPS Obivoice is now Vestalink

acowx

Reaction score
Yep, ping and nslookup get valid results.

Did you have to add the fqdn to iptables? I tried to do that via add-fqdn and editing iptables manually. Is it necessary ?

acowx

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, which address do you get for sms.intelaphone.com ?

voipRookie

Reaction score
I think you still have typos based on the info you're supplying. It sms.intelafone.com not sms.intelaphone.com.

kwest

Reaction score
Kwest:

Sure, it will work with a Linksys/Sipura ATA. I've been testing it using a PAP2T-NA without issues.

I don't know the answer to your second, excellent, question. Why don't you ask them, using the contact link on their webpage? I have found them to be very responsive.

Is the MWI working on your Linksys/Sipura ATA, I cannot get it to work, tried two units .support just told me to be sure MWI is on and it is on both ATA's

miguel

Reaction score
ok I have set this up I have managed to configure trunk and it is registered, outbaound work but inbound calls dont when I dial even I have set for it to pick up at extension 103, it says "the number you have dialed is not in service"

what can I do?

Trimline2: Works as a standard SIP trunk for me. No OBi required! If you are using an OBi, setup instructions are here. Also includes mobile app for free calls from your iOS or Android device. Faxing supported as well as free outbound fax web interface. Free Visual Voicemail and Voicemail Forwarding to Email. Also supports Call Forwarding and Call Waiting.

Sign up for free 30-day trial (with up to 60 minutes of free calls) here. Upgrade to paid subscription here.

1. Below are the SIP Trunk Settings using your credentials and DID from the Obivoice BYOD link for your account once it's set up.

2. Remember to add-fqdn sms.intelafone.com to your Travelin' Man 3 WhiteList and iptables-restart.

3. Create inbound route for your DID and outbound route pointing to registered obivoice SIP trunk.

4. E911 support is included. You set this up when you create your new account.

5. If you are spoofing a Google Voice number for outbound calls, the DID will still be the DID assigned to your obivoice account unless you've ported in a GV number.

FIRST IMPRESSION: Unbelievable 2-year price is the same as netTALK without having to buy any hardware! Calls sound great.

Bd0iBAhCcAAu2OV.jpg:large

miguel

Reaction score
ok I have set this up I have managed to configure trunk and it is registered, outbaound work but inbound calls dont when I dial even I have set for it to pick up at extension 103, it says "the number you have dialed is not in service" now I dont get
ok I have set this up I have managed to configure trunk and it is registered, outbaound work but inbound calls dont when I dial even I have set for it to pick up at extension 103, it says "the number you have dialed is not in service" or just hangs up on the cli I see this but the phone is not ringing (the extension) any hints?

what can I do?

what can I do?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 12.10.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 12.10.09 PM.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 9

miguel

Reaction score
I can make outbound calls but no inbound calls maybe it is because I am on trial?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You'll need an inbound DID to make calls through any provider to your PBX.

miguel

Reaction score
what do you mean?? I have configured the inbound route with the DID they gave me. and forwarded to an extension I have lots of configurations set ups but this one dosent work
I did not understand your reply could you pelase elaborate or maybe you understood me wrong.

best reagrds,

MN.

please help me get inbound calls working

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Didn't know the trial subscription came with a DID. Sorry.

miguel

Reaction score
Sorry if sounded rude I did not meant to, it comes with a did but still I do t get The u bounds calls any help is appreciated

miguel

Reaction score
Didn't know the trial subscription came with a DID. Sorry.
What can I post so somebody can help me I se lots of strange things when dialing, it rings and rings but no sip phone rings for real and after the rings it just sounds busy and I also get this on asterisk info: and the attachment witch I find odd.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 2.23.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 2.23.59 PM.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 6

miguel

Reaction score
I can make perfectly outbound calls but no inbound calls why could you think that is? also it is registered

miguel

Reaction score
ok found it fix it for me it was to place in the registration string the 5060 port and delete the 5060 port on the peer details.

miguel

Reaction score
but it soes not ring until the fourth time, why could that be? is there a setting I can change?

miguel

Reaction score
well after trial and error I can say to not input the port on peer details and only input them on the registration string for me thiswas they way it worked how odd

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
That may have more to do with your router than with Obivoice. Our trunk works fine as originally published.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.