Obi 200 ATA and Incredible PBX

Vatorman

Reaction score
Hello,
Just installed Obi 200 as adapter for my desk phone into my Incredible PBX install. It registers with the server, I can call any internal extension and it receives calls from the outside and from all internal extensions. All other IP phones on this PBX install also dial to the outside with no problem. They are all Cisco SPA 504G models. I can NOT make the Obi attached to my analog phone instrument dial outside phones I have tried everything. Is it the dial plan? I've tried the default Digitmap (dial plan) installed by Obi and the one from the working Cisco phones.. all to no avail... at my wits end lol please advise.

[email protected]
John Nemec

ajonate

Reaction score
What do your Outbound Route dial patterns look like? Remember also that the order that the various routes appear after clicking Outbound Routes are the order in which they are processed. You might need to rearrange the routes to process them in the proper order.

I'm using Obihai ATA's to connect to my pbx server. I've used Obi200, Obi100 & Obi110 models and they all work fine. The only issue is star "*" commands, which are processed as configuration instructions for the Obihai device. But that's an easy problem to get around. Just go to Dashboard-->Admin-->Feature Codes and edit the codes to not have a "*" in beginning. For example, change the wake-up call code from *68 to just 68 and it will work fine.

John Nemec

Reaction score
Ajonate,
Thanks for your reply would you suggest workable dial patterns? You could screen shot it to show the order or just post here would be awesome.
Thanks for any help u can provide.
John

ajonate

Reaction score
Ajonate,
Thanks for your reply would you suggest workable dial patterns? You could screen shot it to show the order or just post here would be awesome.
Thanks for any help u can provide.
John

I have three outbound routes right now.

http://entomy.com/routes.jpg

The first two are to catch calls for extensions 301 & 303, which will direct outgoing calls to a particular trunk so the caller ID is correct. Any calls not from 301 or 303 will go to the generic outbound route. Note that you can move outbound routes up or down in the sequence by dragging with your mouse.

My dial patterns are pretty simple. Here is my generic outbound route.

http://entomy.com/patterns.jpg

If it was for a specific extension then I would have entered the extension number in the callerid field on the right.

1NXXNXXXXXX is for standard 11-digit dialing (1 + area code + number)
NXXXXXX is for 7-digit dialing for the 702 area code only, so it prepends 1702 automatically

John Nemec

Reaction score
I have three outbound routes right now.

http://entomy.com/routes.jpg

The first two are to catch calls for extensions 301 & 303, which will direct outgoing calls to a particular trunk so the caller ID is correct. Any calls not from 301 or 303 will go to the generic outbound route. Note that you can move outbound routes up or down in the sequence by dragging with your mouse.

My dial patterns are pretty simple. Here is my generic outbound route.

http://entomy.com/patterns.jpg

If it was for a specific extension then I would have entered the extension number in the callerid field on the right.

1NXXNXXXXXX is for standard 11-digit dialing (1 + area code + number)
NXXXXXX is for 7-digit dialing for the 702 area code only, so it prepends 1702 automatically

Thanks so much got it working... amazing I didn't know this earlier lol.
John

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.