NTP issue?!?

jehowe

Guru
Reaction score
[Resolved]NTP issue?!?

[Resolved] Re-running genzaptelconf seems to have resolved this issue and the aastra phones with this install now get the correct date & time from the pbx. Thanks merlyn!

My IP phones can't pull the time off the pbx. Does the NTP server come enabled by default? The /etc/ntp.conf & /etc/ntp directory are present and seem populated properly.

I turned off iptables as well, no luck. Server/system time (including timestamps, CDR reports) are fine.

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

I usually point the phones at 1.pool.ntp.org for a time server - but now you mention it, having the pbx as a time server may have some merit.

Joe

jehowe

Guru
Reaction score
Yes, i've found it very useful to keep the ntp server local. I should mention that the CLI endpoint config generator defaults the pbx as the ntp server (at least for aastra).

This always seemed to work out of the gate for tb (and ironically the last tb version I used (2.3.x) was fixed by Tom's scripts). I'll have to dig around a bit. All the pieces seem to be in place to provide a working ntp server, but i'm not sure if ntp is set to run by default, or if there is another issue going on.

merlyn

Reaction score
My IP phones can't pull the time off the pbx. Does the NTP server come enabled by default?

I have a cisco 7960 that would not get the time or date either. I messed around with it for a few days checking settings looking thru forums etc.

All I did to get it to work finally was to comment out a line in the sipdefault.cnf that said "TOS bits in media stream".

Then I reran genzaptelconf and rebooted asterisk. The time and date started working as soon as it booted. I think the rerunning of genzqaptelconf fixed it but since i did both things at the same time I cannot be sure.

Try running genzaptelconf again it may fix your problem (it can't hurt)

merlyn

jehowe

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks merlyn..

I had my phone config point to a pool.ntp address as a fix, but after I reran genzaptelconf and made the ntp change back to the pbx ip, the aastra phones now get the correct date & time!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.