FOOD FOR THOUGHT Notification Of New Voicemail

Reaction score
I have a client (really a buddy) who runs an HVAC shop and who I have set up on a FreePBX Distro system on RentPBX. We have used the commercial "Voicemail Notifications" module for years.

They use it for notification of an on-call technician. Customer calls on-call voicemail, leaves message saying their HVAC system is on fire or whatever, and it sends a notification to a list of on-call technicians, until one dials 1 to accept responsibility for it. It then plays the VM and sends an email to the boss that it was accepted or not.

The RentPBX system, limited to 32 bits as it is, is getting long in the tooth and less reliable, and I think it is time for a change. I want to switch them to a new install on a KVM . (I am using Hosting73 with great results now for my own up-to-date Incredible PBX system.)

Does anyone know of a good solution that would replace this on the Incredible PBX system?

Thanks!
Eric

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
There are a number of discussions here on the RentPBX issue. I am in the same boat and looking at Vultr out of Miami and Ward's latest build.

As far as your notification process goes, I am guessing you have a custom context build, and that part of your dial plan can be saved and probably moved intact to a new version / install.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I am in the same boat and looking at Vultr out of Miami and Ward's latest build.

I've got instances in Miami and Atlanta ... I prefer Atlanta as its been more stable, and I tend to think that they said Atlanta is more resilient.

kenn10

Reaction score
I prefer Atlanta as its been more stable, and I tend to think that they said Atlanta is more resilient.

I agree. I have two instances in Atlanta. No issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.