TIPS Nortel IP 1535 $27.95

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
for the moment I am using mac address authentication. When I got my latest shipment of phones they had the latest version of firmware on them and wpa/wep worked this time. I connected the phones up to my data network wireless using wpa/wep and they worked just fine. I suspect the problem is the older phones <from turkey> do not have the proper firmware revisions and this may be what is causing the problems.

Tom

DocSavage

Reaction score
Tom -

What version do you have that is working? I have 2.50. Also are you using both wep and wpa or just one?

I have dd-wrt on my router and dont know if I can have WPA for some of the clients and allow the MAC for the phones without authentication...

-Andy

mtennant

Guru
Reaction score
I suspect the problem is the older phones <from turkey> do not have the proper firmware revisions and this may be what is causing the problems. Tom

Has anyone figured out how to upgrade the firmware yet?

hurrymonkey

Reaction score
I think there is something up with the WPA authentication in the WIFI profile.

I turned off authentication in my router and was able to connect with no problems at all (I did have to put in the EESID).

Any combination of auth failed. I am not real sure how to debug this - I wish I could see what the phone was trying to do.

Of course I really dont want to have an open WIFI...

-Andy
I Finally got it working with authentication.

While wifi scanning still does not work for me, i have been able to connect with the ESSID manually entered in the phone.

For me, i noticed that my security at my router ( i have a netgear) was WPA-PSK (TKIP) + WPA2-PSK (AES).
After changing it to just WPA2-PSK (AES), it finally connected after applying the settings.

Note, as mentioned previously, you will need to set both the authentication type and password for wpa2 on the phone prior to trying to connect.

tel0p

Guru
Reaction score
teardown

Just ordered 4.

Anybody done a tear-down on one of these yet? The electronics nerd in me wants to see how the camera is tied in as well the wlan interface, etc.

I'm dreaming of a wireless IP camera (security)/ door-phone hack. Would be cool if somebody figured out the firmware.. updating.. modding..:wink5:

mtennant

Guru
Reaction score
The 2.50 firmware has a telnet capability, but nobody knows the username/password.

Has anyone see a 2.89 version of the firmware?

Has anyone figured out how to upgrade the firmware? I recall a previous post about using an SD card plugged into the right side of the phone to accomplish this.

DocSavage

Reaction score
I Finally got it working with authentication.

While wifi scanning still does not work for me, i have been able to connect with the ESSID manually entered in the phone.

For me, i noticed that my security at my router ( i have a netgear) was WPA-PSK (TKIP) + WPA2-PSK (AES).
After changing it to just WPA2-PSK (AES), it finally connected after applying the settings.

Note, as mentioned previously, you will need to set both the authentication type and password for wpa2 on the phone prior to trying to connect.

This is crazy - I set my router to WPA2 AES it still will not connect!

I am going to try another router just to see if it is sensitive to something on the router itself.

mtennant

Guru
Reaction score
I saw where w1ve on DSL Reports has reported F/W 2.89 on a phone he received. Can this be confirmed? Has anyone actually done any firmware updates?

da1Bear

Guru
Reaction score
They are now rejecting bids as high as $44 automatically.

I too was unaware of the rules, and am locked out of bidding except at the $60 ask for 30 days.
I wish I'd read this whole thread first.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
There's a comment on the NerdVittles article with a link to firmware on Avaya's site...
Here's the link (hope this works right - posting from a phone):
http://support.avaya.com/css/appman...oads/P0887/2.76/C2010100924312613209208#files

Yup that is the correct link however you need to have an "entitlement" in order to download the firmware. We need someone who has this to get the firmware and then "tell us" about it as I am sure it would break avaya's terms of use if they were to provide our development staff with copies of the src. We of course cannot ask someone to do this :eek: as the software police closely monitor all of us...:rolleyes5:

This does remind me of the Cisco police but that is another story....

Tom
:reddevil:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Still wondering what the objective is. Everything works fine on my units.

I'm reminded of the old Monty Python skit about the beautiful woman who always wore her gloves. She'd let guys do anything they wanted with her as long as they didn't try to take her gloves off. Guess what all the guys wanted to do? :crazy:

mtennant

Guru
Reaction score
I'm just a "latest firmware junkie" I guess :) I've got two on older F/W releases, and before I let them out into the family world as Christmas gifts, I wanted to get them all up to the same release level for consistencies sake.

Reaction score
I just received my two phones (from UK, I am from Sweden), they arrived with Turkish menus. I switched to English menus and checked the fw:
Hardware version: Rel 1.0
Sotware version: Rel 0.2.89

warraich

Reaction score
FW updates are just to fix some issues with Nortel Communication S

Looks like the new FW updates are just to fix some issues with Nortel Communication Server 1000 Release
6.0. and Nortel Communication Server 2000 Release
SN10 and up.

warraich

Reaction score
voice message waiting status icon does not work wt sip2sip

Hi,
Any one knows how to get voice message waiting status icon working with sip2sip.
Thanks for help.

isaacl

Reaction score
Turned on my 2 phones, both already had English menus, and had:
Hardware version: Rel 1.0
Sotware version: Rel 0.2.50
Haven't really done much more yet...

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
Just got my 18 phones and tomorrow, I'll have a chance to play with them...

vanDivX

Guru
Reaction score
They are now rejecting bids as high as $44 automatically.

I too was unaware of the rules, and am locked out of bidding except at the $60 ask for 30 days.
I wish I'd read this whole thread first.

if you would read it I posted same thing happened to me, just call the number they supply on eBay page and order with live staff and pay with your paypal and likely you might get better deal then bidding anyway.

-----------------

I got today my ten phones - set to English, hardware 1.0 firmware 0.2.50 and I don't seem to be able to get the WIFI going (LAN connects OK), the firmware is clearly bugged and it might be just luck to connect over WIFI

I am trying with WPA PSK and my AP uses 'WPA TKIP/AES' which I believe is compatible. When I scan WIFI APs I get told my WIFI is not enabled and it doesn't find any APs of course. Rebooting doesn't help, I tried to Enable LAN (which is the only way to disable WIFI) and then I re-Enable WIFI but still nothing.

Funny thing is if I go into Details I see there it found some MAC unknown to me and it shows some signal level -85db which is refreshed every ten seconds and fluctuates which means it is connected to something, however it can't scan for any WIFI network and on home display it has red cross where green bars of signal strength should be showing.

I did disable DHCP and put it on static but no luck either that way.

I guess the phone doesn't have browser configuration like Aastras have? It is pain to enter SSID and auth name and pass phrase from keypad unless you have some very simple and short one, I got ten phones and setting them all up will be chore.

The phone tries to download some software update but can't find server, I think it said something about configuration server... I take that to mean you can configure this phone from some *.cfg file on t*f*t*p like PIAF has?

The phone has place in setting where you can input 'server' address (Menu-Settings-System settings-Technical features-Download server address). It could perhaps be used to pull configuration to the phone from t*f*t*p or FTP on PIAF (t*f*t*p/FTP have Enable/Disable setting in the phone right in the 'Technical features' section). Anyone got to explore that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.