TIPS Nortel IP 1535 $27.95

TheMole

Guru
Reaction score
adding video to existing audio-only call

PIAF Asterisk 1.4.21.2

Here's an attempt to start video on an existing call (If I try new video call, audio connected but no video)

I can start a call with Video and all works well. But if I have an existing audio only call, i cannot start video.

any thoughts?

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
I can start a call with Video and all works well. But if I have an existing audio only call, i cannot start video.

any thoughts?

The Grandstream Video phones have this same issue when used with Asterisk - the older versions of xlite sometimes had the same issue (the current versions dont work at all).

I wonder if this is due to how Asterisk handles video support?

phinphan

Reaction score
Will not register with PBXiaF. Just times out. Has anyone got it connected as an extension to the pbx as opposed to going through sip2sip?

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
yes I have two as extensions both working wirelessly

used defaults except added allow h263 to make the video work

So all I added was

display name
sip alias
secret
allow h263

and the deny/permit statements.

that is it.

Then I entered the same info onto the phone and unplugged it and rebooted. works and I have video calls between extensions.

Tom

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Make sure you set domain name on the phone (either for domain name of PIAF or it's ip) AND set the Proxy on the phone to the ip of your PIAF.

Easy way to to test is

asterisk -rvvv at terminal prompt
sip set debug peer 100

(where 100 is replaced by the extension of the phone you are trying to register.)

and watch for sip registration messages. If they are not coming, something is set wrong in phone.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
It's become apparent that Nortel released the open source portions of the firmware but kept the rest to themselves. At least we haven't been able to find it thus far. Anyone know a current or former Nortel guru. They might have it tucked away somewhere.

The good news is that the existing firmware on these phones seems to do everything you need including excellent WiFi support.

mtennant

Guru
Reaction score
Just opened up two more that I got today after ordering my first two.

These boot up in English and are H/W ver. 1.0 and running firmware ver. 0.2.50.

I was able to quickly connect wirelessly without going LAN first, after disabling DHCP and entering all network parameters manually. I'm on a WPA network.

It appears to have the same capabilities but some additional network features, such as telnet/ftp services.

I can enable telnet and point my telnet client to the IP. I get a logon prompt for lgvp login:. I tried the obvious stuff but couldn't log in.

Anyone seen this firmware level yet?

phinphan

Reaction score
No luck yet. The sip debug message says it cannot find an ip for the phone. However a review of the putty log shows that it is apparently hitting the pbx:

Sending to 192.168.0.104 : 5060 (no NAT)

<--- Transmitting (no NAT) to 192.168.0.104:5060 --->
SIP/2.0 501 Method Not Implemented

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.0.104:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-0-37e-55be52fd;received=70.118.44.255

From: <sip:[email protected]>;tag=2f5778-6800a8c0-13c4-45026-0-2eb2c5c4-0

To: <sip:[email protected]>;tag=as2082ef69

Call-ID: [email protected]

CSeq: 1 PING

User-Agent: Asterisk PBX

Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, INFO

Supported: replaces

Content-Length: 0

another try yielded

Sending to 192.168.0.104 : 5060 (no NAT)

<--- Transmitting (no NAT) to 192.168.0.104:5060 --->
SIP/2.0 501 Method Not Implemented

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.0.104:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-0-9f-5944b3f5;received=70.118.44.255;rport=1024

From: <sip:[email protected]>;tag=2f62f8-6800a8c0-13c4-45026-0-10f2af9c-0

To: <sip:[email protected]>;tag=as2d49bb70

Call-ID: [email protected]

CSeq: 1 PING

User-Agent: Asterisk PBX

Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, INFO

Supported: replaces

Content-Length: 0

I have double checked the config and just can't figure it out. My pbx is on a proxmox server so all my extensions are remote and I have them set up in 5 different locations without any trouble.

The phones work great with sip2sip.info

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just opened up two more that I got today after ordering my first two.

These boot up in English and are H/W ver. 1.0 and running firmware ver. 0.2.50.

I was able to quickly connect wirelessly without going LAN first, after disabling DHCP and entering all network parameters manually. I'm on a WPA network.

It appears to have the same capabilities but some additional network features, such as telnet/ftp services.

I can enable telnet and point my telnet client to the IP. I get a logon prompt for lgvp login:. I tried the obvious stuff but couldn't log in.

Anyone seen this firmware level yet?

Here's hoping my next 8 arrive with your same firmware. :biggrin5:

mtennant

Guru
Reaction score
Next EIGHT??? What are you planning, a private video-conference party line?

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
It's become apparent that Nortel released the open source portions of the firmware but kept the rest to themselves. At least we haven't been able to find it thus far. Anyone know a current or former Nortel guru. They might have it tucked away somewhere.

The good news is that the existing firmware on these phones seems to do everything you need including excellent WiFi support.

I have access to the Nortel website but I need a service agreement in order to download the firmware.. :banghead:

I'll phone and see what I can fanagle..

drvcrash

Reaction score
heres a wierd one. I got two setup. the phone calling only gets its own video but the phone recieving the call can see his own and the caller.

maybe im doing something wrong.

I press video button on the dialing phone , dial number. on the other phone when it rings i press the video button to answer the call.

ghurty

Reaction score
I enabled wifi, but whenever I scan, it says wifi profile not enabled.

Any suggestions?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I press video button on the dialing phone , dial number. on the other phone when it rings i press the video button to answer the call.

Try dialing and answering with just the normal speakerphone buttons. Once the call is connected on both ends, then press the video button on each phone. Works for me. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manne
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.