TIPS Nortel IP 1535 $27.95

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
ghurty,

On the domain name issue, I just use the IP address of the Asterisk server instead of providing the name. A quick check on the home server shows that I don't have the digest error you're experiencing. EDIT: A quick check from the phone indicates that using the FQDN should work. Using just the hostname returned an odd IP address that is definitely not local to the phone! Weird.

ON the WiFi issue, I had exactly the same problem. I've never had much luck with WiFi scanning ability. I just ended up setting it up manually which works fine. Setting up WiFi on these units can be tricky. Here's why:

If you go to Settings -> Profile -> WiFi -> Settings -> Wireless Settings -> Authentication, you will see three items - Type, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK. Pay close attention to the upper left corner of the screen because this is something I missed, initially.

When you select WPA-PSK, you must have TKIP enabled on your wireless AP. When you select WPA2-PSK, you must have AES enabled on the AP. This is shown when you enter the passphrase screen in the upper left corner.

In my experience, it won't work if you're using WPA with AES, WPA2 with TKIP, or a mix of WPA/WPA2 with TKIP+AES. I eventually set my WAP for WPA2-AES only and haven't had any problems.

I have seen the WiFi scanner work, but only after manual setup of the phone's WiFi config.

FYI, I'm running the 0.2.76 firmware.

ghurty

Reaction score
The wifi trick worked.

However I tried using the IP and it didnt work, still got the same error.
Code:
[2011-03-14 13:09:24] WARNING[24263] chan_sip.c: username mismatch, have <104>, digest has <[email protected]>
[2011-03-14  13:09:24] NOTICE[24263] chan_sip.c: Registration from  '<sip:[email protected]>' failed for '192.168.1.114:5060' -  Username/auth name mismatch
On my piaf box I typed in "hostname" and got back pbx.local which I then tried but still didnt work:
Code:
[2011-03-14 13:13:59] WARNING[24263] chan_sip.c: username mismatch, have <104>, digest has <[email protected]>
[2011-03-14  13:13:59] NOTICE[24263] chan_sip.c: Registration from  '<sip:[email protected]>' failed for '192.168.1.114:5060' -  Username/auth name mismatch

Is there a place in the asterisk config where I am supposed to assign the FQDN?

Thanks

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
Unless you have working DNS for your network that will resolve pbx.local, the name/FQDN isn't going to work. The phone needs to be able resolve pbx.local.

Your Asterisk server is 192.168.1.42, correct? Given my experience, that should work. Set the domain back to the IP and reboot the phone.

These are odd phones. I just changed the phone over to WiFi I have up here at work and the ESSID defaulted to Telefonica. I don't remember that happening on any of the other phones I have. :crazy:

ghurty

Reaction score
Yes, my box is 192.168.1.42 .

I switched it back and now getting this error again:
Code:
[2011-03-14 13:40:10] WARNING[24263] chan_sip.c: username mismatch, have <104>, digest has <[email protected]>
[2011-03-14 13:40:10] NOTICE[24263] chan_sip.c: Registration from '<sip:[email protected]>' failed for '192.168.1.114:5060' - Username/auth name mismatch

It looks like it is hitting the box, it is just that asterisk doesn't like the username [email protected] it want a plain 104. I am trying to figure out if there is an asterisk setting I should change.

Thanks

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
Is there a place in the asterisk config where I am supposed to assign the FQDN?

Two places that I can think of /etc/hosts and /etc/sysconfig/network

ghurty

Reaction score
in the etc/hosts file, pbx.local is there, however it looks like asterisk doesn't recognize that for authentication purposes.

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
You will have to reboot to get Linux to recognize that the hostname has changed. Or from the Linux command prompt:

hostname <new hostname>

ghurty

Reaction score
When I type hostname, it displays pbx.local.

However, I still get the error of:
Code:
[2011-03-14 21:07:09] WARNING[4355] chan_sip.c: username mismatch, have <104>, digest has <[email protected]>
[2011-03-14  21:07:09] NOTICE[4355] chan_sip.c: Registration from  '<sip:[email protected]>' failed for '192.168.1.114:5060' -  Username/auth name mismatch

Thanks

ghurty

Reaction score
Any more suggestions? Still having the domain problem using the IP address.
Thanks

ghurty

Reaction score
# Do not remove the following line, or various programs
# that require network functionality will fail.
127.0.0.1 pbx.dyndns.org pbx.local pbx localhost.localdomain localhost
::1 localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

ghurty

Reaction score
NETWORKING=yes
NETWORKING_IPV6=no
HOSTNAME=pbx.local

Thanks

dswartz

Guru
Reaction score
ah, okay

I have had that happen by default too. Try changing the HOSTNAME field to the real FQDN and do:

service network restart

ghurty

Reaction score
The problem is I am connecting via a local network, not real outside FQDN (besides a dyndns)

Thanks

dswartz

Guru
Reaction score
sorry that wasn't what i meant. i assume (maybe wrongly) that the internal IP addresses have names associated with them? via your internal dns/dhcp? that was what i meant to use.

ghurty

Reaction score
This is on a home network with dd-wrt.

The host name is blank in the DHCP lease table.

Thanks

RXWatcher

Reaction score
I have a 1535 thats working perfectly with PIAF Purple. Well, I purchased the VOIPMyWay wedding special and have incorporated into my PIAF just fine(all without opening inbound firewall ports).

I decided I wanted to see if I could bypass the PIAF and use the 1535 directly with VOIPMyWay. This is behind a NAT(TomatoUSB). I reconfigured everything and it registered and I could go into the VOIPMyWay control panel and see my 1535 had registered with VOIPMyWay with my public IP. The issue seems to be incoming calls have one-way audio, outgoing calls are fine.
I have:
1) placed the 1535 in the DMZ, didn't make any difference
2) Did port forwards of the SIP ports to the 1535, didnt help
3) used a STUN server(the one earlier in the thread), didnt help
4) Reset the device to factory defaults and had to re-enter everything, didn't help

I've now reconfigured it back to the PIAF box and its working fine.

I figure there must be some NAT issue but I don't know how to overcome it via the phone itself.

Do you guys have any ideas?

Thanks!
-Jim

Forgot something I forgot to mention..if I have a call with the one way audio and I place the call on hold on the 1535 and then come back to it, the audio is fine.

bx10

Reaction score
Annoyances

I have about 15 of the 1535s running on Wifi with PIAF Purple. They’re working fine, but there are a couple of annoyances in the stock firmware. I’m hoping someone can pint me in the direction of scripts I can edit on the phone to correct these. I know these will require hacking the phone, and I have some experience and am willing to play with the scripts and see what I can do, but I really don’t even know what files to start looking at.

1) DST – With the recent time change, all my phones are an hour off. I know there is a DST setting in the phones menus, but I’d rather not have to manually set each phone twice a year. Can I add some language to a script to auto-set DST?

2) These phones have a large screen, but most of the space is wasted. My biggest annoyance is that Caller ID on incoming calls is displayed as “CIDNUMBER <CIDNAME>”. This means that the name, which would actually help me know who is calling, is generally truncated, and all I get is the unhelpful numbers. I’d love to insert a carriage return into this display, so that the name and the number are on separate lines.

3) I’ve had occasional problems with my network and PIAF server that have caused phones to occasionally lose registration. Being on Wifi makes these sorts of issues more likely. I’ve noticed that once a phone loses registration (i.e. the display no longer shows the extension number and Wifi network name), it never attempts to reregister, so the problem persists until I manually register or power cycle the phone. Ideally I’d like a phone that has lost registration to keep trying every 10 minutes. Note the registration expiration setting on the phone has no impact on this.

4) Is there any way to clone one phone to another, maybe via SD card? I’m having to make every configuration change on all the phones manually. I know there is a web interface that has been developed, I’ve never been able to get it to work, I believe because I am on Wifi so a different network interface is in use. Also, the main thing I actually want to use the closing for is the Wifi security settings, which are annoying to enter by hand.

Thanks so much for all suggestions!

RXWatcher

Reaction score
I solved my issue..firewall not letting in traffic from all the servers.

Transfering your settings:

1) Turn on the ftp server on the phone

2) FTP into your phone as root/lvp2890

3) pull these files:
/usr/local/lgvp/config.py
/usr/local/lgvp/setting_save.py
/usr/local/lgvp/vdci.cfg

4) Modify as needed and FTP to the next phone.

I dont see the wifi settings anywhere in there but it could be in a diff file in that dir.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.