Anyone have any other ideas?
Thanks!

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
Still no luck with registering...
Anyone have any other ideas?
Thanks!

I've only used the LAN connection and wrote up these detailed instructions on configuring the 1535 for my students. I couldn't get the phone to register without putting in a Domain name in the Settings - VoIP settings - Misc. - just put in any domain name and then it works.

vanDivX

Guru
Reaction score
I was able to repeatedly remotely register two of these phones no problem whatever (I played just with two phones from my shipment).
But I input IP #, not FQDN into the Proxy entry, that might be your problem unless you also tried numeric IP (public IP of the remote router that your PIAF is behind) I didn't try connecting using FQDN for proxy server but perhaps this phone has difficulty with that.
BTW it seems it doesn't matter what you input as Domain - I even input there my name... but perhaps as long as something, whatever is there.

As for TravelinMan, are you sure you allowed your remote IP? Because if you did that from your cell phone it could have IP different from your place if it wasn't connecting via your own wifi... if that was via some cell wifi then the IP permitted would be different (if you get what I am trying to say). Best is to 'allow' your location from a PC at the remote location where the phone is located. And even better allow your remote IP in the extension permit field in PIAF (and don't rely on TravelinMan working, I mean until you know that registration works).

Also in FPBX is that SIP Security section where at the top you setup the info that we used to write to sip_nat.conf file (externip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx or externhost=FQDN, localnet=192.168.1.0) because FPBX didn't have this module in versions prior to 2.6 I think. But I suppose that's just for solving the 'two way voice' problem, not registering the phone as such. I just mention it to give you some ideas.

firstchoice

Reaction score
one way video

Do I need to open a port in the router to allow video back ?
We have several of these registered and working fine except just one way video between them. If I call to a xlite softphone I get 2 way video there but never on the Nortel ?

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Do I need to open a port in the router to allow video back ?
We have several of these registered and working fine except just one way video between them. If I call to a xlite softphone I get 2 way video there but never on the Nortel ?
Are you using the Video button to initiate the call and to answer the call on the other end? Did you mistakenly hit the "Hide Video" button (right next to video) and hide the video?

firstchoice

Reaction score
yes, thanks for the thought but as I mntioned I can make two way video using xlite but the nortel only shows one way. If not using the video call button you would not get video at all. So are there special ports that need to be open in the router to allow video back in ?

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Well from your other thread, are you calling another 10-digit extension, or 10-digit outside phone number?

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
This thread concerning one way video has moved to here. There is no need to have two postings on the same subject.

Last edited by a moderator:

isaacl

Reaction score
I was able to repeatedly remotely register two of these phones no problem whatever (I played just with two phones from my shipment).
But I input IP #, not FQDN into the Proxy entry, that might be your problem unless you also tried numeric IP (public IP of the remote router that your PIAF is behind) I didn't try connecting using FQDN for proxy server but perhaps this phone has difficulty with that.
BTW it seems it doesn't matter what you input as Domain - I even input there my name... but perhaps as long as something, whatever is there.

As for TravelinMan, are you sure you allowed your remote IP? Because if you did that from your cell phone it could have IP different from your place if it wasn't connecting via your own wifi... if that was via some cell wifi then the IP permitted would be different (if you get what I am trying to say). Best is to 'allow' your location from a PC at the remote location where the phone is located. And even better allow your remote IP in the extension permit field in PIAF (and don't rely on TravelinMan working, I mean until you know that registration works).

Also in FPBX is that SIP Security section where at the top you setup the info that we used to write to sip_nat.conf file (externip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx or externhost=FQDN, localnet=192.168.1.0) because FPBX didn't have this module in versions prior to 2.6 I think. But I suppose that's just for solving the 'two way voice' problem, not registering the phone as such. I just mention it to give you some ideas.

I've been busy with other things recently, but I tried again using this info (thanks!) and blanchae's guide, but still no go.
I disabled iptables, but I don't see anything at all in the CLI when I try registering it.
Any other ideas?
Could it be that there's another port I need to forward to my phone server?
Thanks!

jason559

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what I'll be missing out on by buying the Turkish model? I've read no upgrades, but is that something that we'll need in the future, etc? Thanks for any help so I can pull the trigger on a couple.

mtennant

Guru
Reaction score
I have two Turkish models working just fine. One in Connecticut, one in South Carolina. Steady and reliable.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what I'll be missing out on by buying the Turkish model? I've read no upgrades, but is that something that we'll need in the future, etc? Thanks for any help so I can pull the trigger on a couple.
There are two "Turkish" models out there... one with WiFi and one without. Both can be set to english language... but the version without WiFi is missing the radio hardware daughter board.

jason559

Reaction score
There are two "Turkish" models out there... one with WiFi and one without. Both can be set to english language... but the version without WiFi is missing the radio hardware daughter board.

If we don't care about WiFi, will we be missing out on features that the "English born" phones have if we buy the cheaper Turkish models?

atlpbxguy

Reaction score
is anyone having issues with 2.76 firmware? since I have upgraded I can not get calls. I can place them to xlite but when xlite calls it fails.
tried quality on camera
anon on in general
h263 first on extension, phone and trunk

jason559

Reaction score
Are there any settings or upgrades regarding the lock up when using video? Going trough PIAF local server, when we video call each other, it works fine, but you can't hang up or press any buttons. Just have to pull the power cord.

vanDivX

Guru
Reaction score
... I don't see anything at all in the CLI when I try registering it.
Any other ideas?
Could it be that there's another port I need to forward to my phone server?
Thanks!
For what it is worth, try hooking the phone with different CAT5e cable, I've been playing with Aastra 480i at home (just registering it locally) and found it registered on one cable but not when I hooked it on short cable directly to another port on my switch, these are those things one doesn't think of. It might be the same with Nortel phone but I didn't try with that cable with it. Not sure what was the problem, later on I was able to register, maybe its the way those RJ45 connectors are seated or what, you could try another cable or at least replug the one you got.
I hate it when things are iffy like that.

When I was playing with the cable and restarting the phone, I figured I would restart by unplugging and plugging the phone from main A/C and at one point after I have done that several times already, I lost all setting from the phone, it got reset completely to factory setting, go figure...

oneadvent

Reaction score
Hi, I lost my phone stand (the part that makes it stand upright) so if anyone has an extra I would be willing to purchase it.

Or a link to where I can.
PM me please.

Josh

memoryic

Reaction score
H all,
this is my first post. I have done some research lately for the 1535 phone. I have been actually finished translating the GUI in Greek language. If somebody is interested I 'll post a copy of lgvp.mo file

MemoryIC

memoryic

Reaction score
Here is how to change your language.

First of all, you need to be sure you have load and use a font file that contains Greek encoding (for testing purposes only I have used verdana.ttf, but I 'm not sure if I can attach it, due to copyrights etc.). You may use any char set fonts that supports Greek (ISO-8859-7). To do that simply drop it on ftp://root:[email protected]/usr/local/share/evas/data/
then delete (or rename) Vera.ttf . Rename your font file (in my case verdana.ttf) to Vera.ttf

Then we need to replace the language messages (I have replaced french).
/usr/local/lgvp/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/lgvp.mo with the one I 'm attaching. If you plan to use french in the future, you may want to replace another language.

Finally reboot your phone, and from the phone setting select "french". Your telephone is now in Greek.

Please note that this is not a strict - meaningless automatic translation, but each message is think-fully selected. Even though there are some exceptions ;-)
I have repeated and tested this procedure on several phones, and never failed, but please don't blame me if you broke your phone. Do not change or delete any other files you don't know what they are doing. In any case do it at your ouw risk

Enjoy and don't forget to post out your comments

MemoryIC

Attachments

• lgvp.zip
    33.1 KB · Views: 10

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.