TIPS Noob questions (small setup)

LT.Son

Reaction score
Hello All,
I'm digging through the forums and making notes. I've never used an Asterisk based system so I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

Eventually I'd like to move our company away from the ancient Nortel PBX onto an Asterisk based system. At the moment however, I have only one need.

We have an ancient embedded system that is a bit of a black box. When the device needs attention it dials out to the vendor. Well the vendor went out of business... This really hasn't been an issue because we have a few people that have worked with the vendor for years and can service the system. For the last several years the vendor would just call our guys to tell them he got notification from it and they just go take care of it.. However, the service that dials out is hard coded into the device, and there is no way for us to change the number.

What I'd like to do is use something like IncrediblePBX to detect when the line goes off hook, ignore the number dialed and call a preset number. It would be even better if it could shoot off a text message to a couple of numbers.

So: _||Old System||_ > RJ11 > something here > Raspberry Pi 3 >> Network >> Call or Text

I have the old system and a Raspberry Pi 3.
I'll need something to detect when the phone line from the old system goes off hook.
When Off Hook is detected I need the tones from the device to be ignored and a preset number dialed, or multiple text messages sent.

Thank you,
Any help will be appreciated!

LT.Son

Reaction score
Thanks briankelly63!

That's probably the fastest way to make this work.

Do you have any idea what these cost? Everything I'm seeing says "Click here or call for a quote"... That makes me think $$$$

Reaction score
Thanks briankelly63!

That's probably the fastest way to make this work.

Do you have any idea what these cost? Everything I'm seeing says "Click here or call for a quote"... That makes me think $$$$
$99 but you may be able to become an affiliate by indicating a company type connection of some sort and reducing the price

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.