TRY THIS No Number Shown in Voicemail Emails

womble1

Guru
Reaction score
Hi,
My voicemail does not show the callers number… I have freepbx 2.10 I forget where to change the voicemail email settings...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Settings -> Voicemail Admin -> Settings -> emailbody

Code:
Dear ${VM_NAME}:\n\n\tjust wanted to let you know you were just left a ${VM_DUR} long message (number ${VM_MSGNUM})\nin mailbox ${VM_MAILBOX} from ${VM_CALLERID} on ${VM_DATE}. \nYou might want to check it when you get a chance.  Thanks!\n\n\t\t\t\t--Asterisk\n

PBX@Home

Reaction score
Just as a side note, the Pi's emailbody gets cut off after you reload. Is that normal?

Mine's a little different:
Code:
Dear ${VM_NAME}:\n\nThere is a new voicemail in your mailbox:\n\n\tFrom:\t${VM_CALLERID}\n\tLength:\t${VM_DUR} seconds\n\tDate:\t${VM_DATE}\n

mp3geek

Guru
Reaction score
It must be slight changes between versions.....my PIAF 2.0.6.4.3 / FreePBX2.11.0.1 gives me Caller ID name and number by default, but PIAF 2.0.6.4.4 / FreePBX 2.11.0.2 on a customers box would only give me caller ID name until I set it like Ward showed above.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Not necessarily a bad thing, but FreePBX is gradually taking over more and more config files in /etc/asterisk. The good news is you can manage almost everything in the FreePBX 2.11 GUI without dropping to the command line. The bad news is we haven't quite gotten everything that used to be in config files integrated into our FreePBX 2.11 builds... but soon.

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
I think FreePBX controlled voicemail stuff long before 2.11 though.

Not necessarily a bad thing, but FreePBX is gradually taking over more and more config files in /etc/asterisk. The good news is you can manage almost everything in the FreePBX 2.11 GUI without dropping to the command line. The bad news is we haven't quite gotten everything that used to be in config files integrated into our FreePBX 2.11 builds... but soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.