FOOD FOR THOUGHT No DTMF?

Setel

Reaction score
Hi!

It seems that something is wrong with default DTMF from Windows softphone. Unsupported provider can't be a reason because it(RFC2833) works when some lite softphone is registered directly to provider.

Thank you.

YiannisH

Support Team
Reaction score
Hello @Setel

what issue are you experiencing with the DTMF from the softphones? Can you please provide us with some details of the issue?

Setel

Reaction score
Hi Yiannis,

it is easy to test. Remote toll-free service will not react on any key pressed on softphone. There is no problem when call is established directly without this PBX.

Setel

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this problem is still present in newest version of client. It is not possible to select any choice in menu of remote service.
I think that active calls should also show which codec is used for trunk. This issue may occur because of g.722 which is used in softphone?

Last edited:

YiannisH

Support Team
Reaction score
I have tried replicating your issue using a 3CX windows client without success. DTMF works for me when calling a service so a few more details might be required to troubleshoot your issue. Are you experiencing this issue when calling a specific service or does it fail everywhere?
Also do you have the issue using a specific provider or have you tested multiple providers? Can you test with a supported provider? What is the version of the PBX you are using and what is the version of the client?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.