SOLVED No Audio on Sangoma Phone

JeffM

Reaction score
I am running a new install of Incredible PBX 13.13.7 for Raspberry PI 3B+ with Skyetel as my provider.

I have no audio on a Sangoma S205 (the only phone installed at this point). I have port forwarding set up on my router for ports 10000-20000 and 5060, and inbound and outbound calls can be executed, but there is no audio. As a test, I turned off the phone and ran a Yate softphone client on the same network and audio worked.

Sangoma's site refers to an Endpoint Manager which is not present in the Incredible PBX. My understanding, perhaps wrong, is that the Endpoint Manager is free if used for Sangoma phones? At any rate, I wasn't sure about that, so I tried to manually configure the Sangoma phone.

My first three codecs on the phone are G.722, PCMU, and PCMA. All of my Skeytel trunks have allow=g722&ulaw so I think that matches up ok.

What should I do as my next troubleshooting step?

KNERD

Reaction score
No audio on a call, or have you made an echo test to verify good audio between the telephone, and PBX?

JeffM

Reaction score
It was no audio on a call. I ended up reinstalling the PBX on my Raspberry PI, and I got things working after that. Thanks for your reply, @KNERD. I will keep your echo test suggestion in mind when I have issues in the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BKhumalo
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.