GO HERE Next steps...Caller Whitelist

jward

Reaction score
I am looking for tips on what to read next. My goal is take the phone numbers of callers I know and have their calls ring through right away. I would like to setup one of the IVRs (press 8 if you are not a telemarketer,etc) as I have one caller who's phone will not provide caller ID, and also screen via a black list.

I have the FCC black list working and sending them to Lenny. From reading here I think I could get nomorobo going too but maybe not directly with Vitelity.

Looking for white list info I get bogged down in IP white list info. No joy on caller white listing. Clearly, I have much to learn about the basics of caller ID too. I'm hoping to sync a list with a phone book or such.

I am missing some fundamentals on how to control or order call flow and how decisions are made.

So much to read. Please help me find a narrower path to learning. Thanks.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
http://nerdvittles.com/?p=19477

In a nutshell, the way this works on Incredible PBX for XiVO is an incoming call is intercepted and the caller's number is checked for a match on BOTH the blacklist and whitelist. Whether or not the number is on the blacklist, if the number is also on the whitelist, the call is routed to CallerID Superfecta to look up the caller's name. Then the call is sent to your phones. If the number is on the blacklist, XiVO hangs up the call. If the number isn't on either the blacklist or the whitelist, the call is sent to CallerID Superfecta just as if it were on the whitelist. You obviously can adjust this dialplan logic to meet your own requirements.

Code:
[xivo-subrgbl-did]
exten = s,1,NoOp(### DID Incoming Call Subroutine ###)
same = n,NoOp(Calling FROM: ${XIVO_SRCNUM})
same = n,NoOp(Blacklist: ${DB(blacklist/${XIVO_SRCNUM})})
same = n,NoOp(Whitelist: ${DB(whitelist/${XIVO_SRCNUM})})
same = n,GotoIf($[${LEN(${DB(whitelist/${XIVO_SRCNUM})}))} > 1]?keepon)
same = n,GotoIf($[${LEN(${DB(blacklist/${XIVO_SRCNUM})}))} > 1]?byebye)
same = n(keepon),GoSub(cid-superfecta,s,1)
same = n(return),Return()
same = n(byebye),Answer
same = n,Congestion
same = n(return),Return()

Last edited:

jward

Reaction score
In a nutshell, the way this works on Incredible PBX for XiVO

Thanks. I had been wondering if I should give Incredible PBX and XiVO a try. Looks like it's time.

With more reading I'm starting to understand "dialplan" and more about flow control through incoming route etc. There is a very rich and easy to use set of documentation for getting going. It's been more difficult to get a handle on the common language and terms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.