TUTORIAL New Web MeetMe System - Part 1

voipgkavek

Reaction score
i want to try this, but if I follow your UNinstallation instructions for the previous version nothing you mention is in my system (orgasmatron II)...instead of WEBmeetme i just have meetme.
Should I follow your uninstall instructions but assume you meant meetme instead of webmeetme in all the paths and file names?
thanks,
-guillermo

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
Conferences created by Web MeetMe do NOT get created in FreePBX as well. Only in WebMeeting. Do not edit any conf files to use WebMeetme.

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
i want to try this, but if I follow your UNinstallation instructions for the previous version nothing you mention is in my system (orgasmatron II)...instead of WEBmeetme i just have meetme.
Should I follow your uninstall instructions but assume you meant meetme instead of webmeetme in all the paths and file names?
thanks,
-guillermo

Web MeetMe and meetme are not the same. Itis not required to remove MeetMe from the SYstem to run WebMeetme.

fishfilet

Reaction score
I am using the Aastra 57i which already has a configured button for Meet-Me. It is for use within the static conferences created with the conference menu. I upgraded to this new Web Meet-Me and was wondering if anyone knows how I can get the phone to work with the new web Meet-me.

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
I have not seen the scripts, but It's likely at some point they dial a feature code to reach the standing conference. Change that extension to the one used for the web meetme conferences.

fishfilet

Reaction score
unfortunately I am not much of a programmer. The scripts are php which i know nothing about. here is what happens when you hit the meet-me button on the phone though. If you have a static conference room configured or two or three or whatever they show up in a list on the phones display then you can choose which one you want and it joins. without knowing much about what is going on with php this is what seems to be controlling most of this functionality

$conf_array=Aastra_get_meetme_rooms_Asterisk();
$index=count($conf_array);
if($index==0)
{
$object = new AastraIPPhoneTextScreen();
$object->setDestroyOnExit();
$object->setTitle(Aastra_get_label('Configuration error',$language));
$object->setText(Aastra_get_label('No conference room configured on this platform. Please contact your administrator.',$language));
$object->addSoftkey(6,Aastra_get_label('Exit',$language),'SoftKey:Exit');
}

What is happening to me is that this code only checks for static configured conferences not conferences made through Web-MeetMe so it sees the $index==0 and just shows that no conferences are configured on the screen.

I just picked small peices of code out of the php script of course there may be more to it but again I am not a programmer.

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
I think you hit the nail on the head. Whatever criteria and methods the script uses to find conferences doesn't detect the Web meetme conferences.

For this - we would talk to the scripts creator - they would be in the best place to know where and if it can be readily modified to find the Webmeetme version of conferences.

I dont know exactly what scripts your working with - but that would be my best advice. Naturally - please share what you may learn with everyone. Im sure theres other users out there in the same tuff spot you are.

voipgkavek

Reaction score
I have installed this script, it ran without problems (I didnt have a previous install of webmeetme so it was easy). Then I installed the freepbx module. That was simple enough too.
Now I am trying to get this to work, but I cant.
When I dial the feature code assigned on freepbx (regardless
of what number I put in there) I simply get fast busy tone (congestion tone?). According to the Full log this is what is happening

[2009-04-13 15:41:06] NOTICE[27279] chan_sip.c: Call from '702' to extension '*66' rejected because extension not found.

I have tried amportal restart, disabled/enabled the feature, changed to non default code....none of those things make a difference. I still get the same error on the full log.
Any tips on where I should be looking to find the culprit?
thanks,
-guillermo
PS.- I have the orgasmatron II build on a dell sc440 with everything pretty much on its default setting.

fishfilet

Reaction score
That module never works for me either. I just don't install it. Just remove it then go to miscellaneous applications (i think) add *66 and chose web meet me as the destination. That's all the module does anyway I'm pretty sure. It will still show up as a feature code and should work now.

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
gkrawiec;
The module uses the same method to create a feature code as everything else in freePBX that uses them.

Can you check and see if any of your feature codes are working?

Then - post a CLI trace so we can see whats happening under the hood.

fishfilet - Sorry your having issues with the module - would you like to share any details about your failure? We use it on every installation - so we know it works. Im happy to try and help if you like.

fishfilet

Reaction score
Well I don't know how anything is created I just know it wouldn't work for me but creating the feature code manually does. Weird! The other thing is I am testing Piaf right now so I have done complete wipe and loads about 5 times now and it never works. In fact I am doing a new wipe and load as I type this. I am going to try out the Orgasmatron Installer Beta. I will try it again and see what happens.

By the way I have also tried Asterisk@home, trixbox CE, Trixbox Pro and one more I cant remember the name of and my hat is off to the Piaf team they are the best and this is the most welcoming forum as well. Stupid questions from noobies are not punished (too much) I really appreciate that!

Thanks again.

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
fish -
Everyone's a newbie at something! :) Anyone willing to research, and work to help find a solution gets my respect every time. Let me know if you wanna pursue your modules issues.
-Tony

fishfilet

Reaction score
Well I was not the guy asking it was gkrawiec but since it does not work for me usually why not. I just assumed that all it did was add the feature code so I figured I would do manually cause it was so easy. But this time I will use the module and if it does not work I will post debug info and maybe we can figure it out which would be good. That way if anyone else has an issue like me it can be fixed. You guys are too awesom though these modules and scripts make everything so easy for non linux guys like me.

I would be interested though to see if creating the feature code throug a custom application fixes your problem though gkrawiec because perhaps it is not the same issue and it still won't work.

voipgkavek

Reaction score
fishfilet,
your method worked. By creating the application by hand i was able to get webmeetme to work correctly.
I thought maybe freepbx was not registering the feature code, but it seems is is because when I tried to add it manually using your instructions and using feature code *66 freepbx told me it was already in use. When I used *67 it worked fine.
thanks.

tshif
the CLI doesnt show anything, not even if I put a high verbosity level. How else can I see what is happening? in the full log the only line that shows up is the one I posted earlier

[2009-04-13 15:41:06] NOTICE[27279] chan_sip.c: Call from '702' to extension '*66' rejected because extension not found.

my other feature codes all work fine (at least all the ones I tested).

what other file should I look into to see where the point its failing at is?
thanks again for all the help.
-guillermo

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
fishfilet
user_offline.gif
, gkrawiec
user_offline.gif

Ok - two folks with the same issue is definately worth me looking into. Let me put the current release through its paces on a system - and see if I can duplicate the problem. Give me a day or so to complete that - then well work together to figure it, and fix it!

Thanks guys!

-tshif

fishfilet

Reaction score
OK I tried from a fresh install of the Beta Orgasmatron Installer.

Installed using ksalt asterisk 1.4 Piaf 1.4
After the install and the Orgasmatron Install Scripts I ran the standard Update-scripts, update-fixes, and passwd-master.
Then using the module admin I installed and updated all modules except for A2Billing.
Next following the instructions in this thread I installed the New Web MeetMe system followed by the module and rebooted.

When I try and use the default *66 that is added by the module I get three tones followed by "The person you are calling is unavailable, please try again." This message loops. If i change the modules feature code to something else like *67 it does the same thing.

as mentioned above if I try and create a new miscellaneous application with feature code *66 it says it is already in use by webmeetme.

If I create my own miscellaneous application with say *67 then all is well and works fine.

I know you may want more detailed debugging from the asterisk CLI but I am not sure which of the many debuggers I should turn on so let me know and I will post the output if you like.

fishfilet

Reaction score
Step 6. path fix

6. Remove the KennonSoft menu Web-MeetMe Icon.
From inside /Var/html/welcome/.htindex.cfg, locate and delete the line that looks something like this:
1,meetme,./web-meetme,Web MeetMe3,ico_meetme.png

Don’t forget to save your changes!

This step confused me when at first. It is no problem know cause I know where it is but if you are new then im may help to know that the path should be /var/www/html/welcome/.htindex.cfg

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
OK I tried from a fresh install of the Beta Orgasmatron Installer.

Installed using ksalt asterisk 1.4 Piaf 1.4
After the install and the Orgasmatron Install Scripts I ran the standard Update-scripts, update-fixes, and passwd-master.
Then using the module admin I installed and updated all modules except for A2Billing.
Next following the instructions in this thread I installed the New Web MeetMe system followed by the module and rebooted.

When I try and use the default *66 that is added by the module I get three tones followed by "The person you are calling is unavailable, please try again." This message loops. If i change the modules feature code to something else like *67 it does the same thing.

as mentioned above if I try and create a new miscellaneous application with feature code *66 it says it is already in use by webmeetme.

If I create my own miscellaneous application with say *67 then all is well and works fine.

I know you may want more detailed debugging from the asterisk CLI but I am not sure which of the many debuggers I should turn on so let me know and I will post the output if you like.

Does this still happen in the final build of Orgasmatron? Has anyone experienced it outside of the Orgasmatron? Does the Orgasmatron use *68 for some other function?

jpe

Reaction score
I just did and install of it the other day and it still does the *66 unavailable.

fishfilet

Reaction score
Does this still happen in the final build of Orgasmatron? Has anyone experienced it outside of the Orgasmatron? Does the Orgasmatron use *68 for some other function?

I tried in the Orgasmatron beta as posted above however my problems were never with the Orgasmatron Installer. It does this to me all the time. I have never gotten it to work even with just a regular install. I usually am running Piaf 1.4 w/ asterisk 1.4. I get the same result Orgasmatron or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.