FOOD FOR THOUGHT New SIP client for Android

Discussion in 'Endpoints' started by ankyr, Dec 19, 2018.

1. David Foxworth

Yes, however, with their app, you can't. It gives you an error and says improper characters. The app doesn't like the :5160. So perhaps that is something they can add such that you can specify a different port number.

However, I did a tcpdump to see what port it was trying to connect with and then temporarily reset the port on my FreePBX box to match, and the phone connects and makes calls.

2. ankyr

ankyr New Member

Thanks for trying out our app.
    You should use Account Settings, not Network Settings. In the domain field type 1.2.3.4 (your PBX address without port), then set "Outbound Proxy" to "Specify Address" and "Proxy Server Address" to 1.2.3.4:your_port_number. As for Network Settings, they are used to specify the listening port.

3. ostridge

ostridge Guru

Hi just been trying out. set up extension 705 on lan to ipbx. dialed a test call to [email protected] which requires to leave voice message and press the "#" key hash or pound key depending which side of the pond) and the recording gets played back. Problem the dial pad has no hash (pound) key; it's morphed into the "+" key.
    As asterisk/freepbx tends to use the ## In-Call Asterisk Blind Transfer feature code and other typical press # when done voice prompts by default; I should in your position reinstate the # key; and for the + its normally bundled under the 0 (zero) key.

edit: Please note also that the dialpad needs to be available when in a call so that feature codes, such as transfers or recordings can be processed by the pbx.

Oops I don't want to sound negative, the look and feel is good, though I had to search to find my way back in to edit account. Hidden beneath the tiny dropdown arrow is the Manage Accounts menu; so that had me fooled for a while.

My limited sound quality test was fine I think that was probably alaw codec .

#23 ostridge, Jan 18, 2019 at 9:48 AM
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019 at 11:03 AM
    ankyr likes this.
  4. ankyr

ankyr New Member

Thanks for your feedback. The missing # key was a serious flaw on our part. We'll be fixing it ASAP.

During the call you can press the button with lock icon to see codec and other call information.

wardmundy likes this.
  5. ostridge

ostridge Guru

Thanks for the reply - note my edit above.

6. ankyr

ankyr New Member

Thanks. We'll add dialpad to the in-call screen in the next release.

7. ankyr

ankyr New Member

We've updated the app. Now in-call screen has a button to show the DialPad. And it does have the # key.

#27 ankyr, Jan 21, 2019 at 12:18 PM
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019 at 1:43 PM
    MGD4me likes this.
  8. ostridge

ostridge Guru

Yes the app update came up on the phone and now updated thanks

ankyr likes this.