QUESTION New phone number setup

Rumen

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am trying to setup a new phone number in the web admin GUI.
The information I have from my VoIP(flowroute) is
SIP Registrar / Proxy, Username & Auth Username and Password.
What steps should I take in order to connect the phone number with my PBX server which is already setup and configured.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!

Edit:
I was able to add the phone number which is great, now I have to setup secondary line on a physical grandstream. Is it even possible to have two different numbers(lines) pointing to one physical phone using incredible PBX?

Last edited:

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
two different numbers(lines) pointing to one physical phone using incredible PBX
Yes of course, the one phone is simply configured as an extension to the PBX perhaps with number 701 or something.

The provider's incoming trunk will carry that providers DIDs whether on one trunk or two.
I currently have 2 sipgate.co.uk numbers (one free, one ported in) and that provider sends both down one trunk with one username. In my case it has to go through the context -see code below. The 'pstn' part is a mis-noma as the trunk is chan_SIP anyway. FreePBX sipgateuk Trunk Peer Details
Code:
#context=from-trunk (CONTEXT COMMENTED OUT)
context=from-pstn-toheader

register string=> XXXXXXXeX:[email protected]/Sip-ID or single DID 01234567890
this has effect of getting the DID from the 'toheader' by means of code already in incrediblepbx I seem to remember in sip.conf somewhere. It also formats the number in e164-us format arguably US e164 format so a uk DID number shows up in the Call Detail Register as 00441234567890 for say a 10 digit UK number.

You don't say what distro - so post the ouput of
Code:
pbxstatus
# or
status
#as appropriate
So someone can answer in respect of your distro, as the routing may differ.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You could also register two diff ext numbers to the same phone. After the ext is established on the PBX you would use the phone gui to configure line 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.