DEAL New Kid on the Block: V1VoIP

piaftnt

Reaction score
FWIW, been using them for termination for a little over a week and they have been flawless.

Ward, are you still having problems missing incoming calls?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
FWIW, been using them for termination for a little over a week and they have been flawless.

Ward, are you still having problems missing incoming calls?

No. It was just that one DID. Others have been terrific.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Looking for any updates for those that jumped on V1Voip ... how is the service and is the pricing keeping true to quotes

piaftnt

Reaction score
Looking for any updates for those that jumped on V1Voip ... how is the service and is the pricing keeping true to quotes

I am only using them for outbound. So far they have been flawless for me. I am considering porting a couple of numbers to them. Just waiting to see if others are using them for inbound and if they are still happy.

ABC-3RE

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time configuring the the trunk with FreePBX. I tried variations of what Ward posted above, but it doesn't seem to work.

Just a normal SIP account? What are you using for the registration string?

Thanks,
-Adam

piaftnt

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time configuring the the trunk with FreePBX. I tried variations of what Ward posted above, but it doesn't seem to work.

I am not using a register string. You have to whitelist your ip address in their portal. I do not remember the exact procedure but it is in Wards instructions in the previous messages.

Also keep in mind, as I said above I am only using them for outbound calls. It is on my list to move some did's to them but I have not had the time to do that.

HTH,

Tom

Tony Combs

Reaction score
Hey,

My SIP provider changed the SIP handshake password. What file is this in?

qtlnx

Reaction score

I am using pjsip trunk and v1voip DID set to forward to "Register device/Trunk".

Eliad

Reaction score
i started using them yesterday just for outbound calls. I used Ward instruction for the trunks. One thing is not clear to me though. Why do I need 2 trunks? Perhaps one for incoming and one for outgoing?

qtlnx

Reaction score
Set up two separate trunks with FreePBX, Incredible PBX 13, or Issabel:

v1voip1:
Code:
host=sip.v1voip.com
type=friend
insecure=port,invite
qualify=yes
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
nat=no
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
context=from-trunk

v1voip2:
Code:
host=sip2.v1voip.com
type=friend
insecure=port,invite
qualify=yes
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
nat=no
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
context=from-trunk

I configured v1voip trunk using pjsip module and it works both ways just fine. However sip module incoming calls are not accepted. I used callcentric configuration as a template. Incredible PBX 13-13. Trace shows that PBX responds to v1voip with 401. Please help.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I configured v1voip trunk using pjsip module and it works both ways just fine. However sip module incoming calls are not accepted. I used callcentric configuration as a template. Incredible PBX 13-13. Trace shows that PBX responds to v1voip with 401. Please help.

Have you tried the template we provided that is shown in your comment above??

qtlnx

Reaction score
Have you tried the template we provided that is shown in your comment above??
I saw your instructions but wasn't able to understand where to enter data you provided. Here is what I have so far:
abaf22e76fe4b037f9b75bff5670.png
48e0a37f19ed12fa0d3356678e12.png

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You have to create two separate trunks, one for v1voip1 and another for v1voip2 with the entries shown above.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.