PIONEERS NEW Incredible 13-13.10 Installers

Ramsey F

Reaction score
There is a typo in the sendmail instructions.
Code:
sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf' /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
Should be
Code:
sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf|' /etc/mail/sendmail.mc

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
allowguest doesn't allow anonymous SIP calls. It simply shows the activity.

The confusing part is this article (amoungst others), but its from 2010. Did the definition change in recent versions?

SIP Peers can be used very effectively to protect Asterisk against unauthorised call handling as long as you set the parameter “allowguest=no” in the general section of sip.conf. On FreePBX/Trixbox, this parameter is found on the General Settings page, near the end, and is called “Allow Anonymous Inbound SIP Calls?: no”. When set like this, Asterisk will only accept SIP requests from the pre-defined peer addresses or from peers that authenticate using a valid username and password. Unfortunately, some VoIP service providers may require that you set this parameter to Yes because it suits them to send calls to your PBX from several different addresses (for reasons of load balancing and/or resilience).

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@Rrrr: That article is 9 years old! Asterisk didn't have a native way of distinguishing between internal and external calls back then. All that was available was allowguest=no. FreePBX added the logic to separate the two with Allow Anonymous which meant allowguest could be restored to its normal function which was merely to report activity when allowguest was set to yes. Using current versions of FreePBX, the vulnerability comes if you set Allow Anonymous to yes. We also use the TM3 firewall to block SIP traffic from non-whitelisted sources.

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
Using Gmail as a SmartHost for SendMail

I wanted to share the following:
1. Typo: tail /var/log/maillog instead of tail /var/log/mail.log in your instruction;
2. My sendmail was extremely slow and held up the call flow:

Here is what I discovered in my log:
My unqualified host name (ABCD) unknown; sleeping for retry

I resolved it by adding hostname to etc/hosts, but only at the end of the first line that starts with
127.0.0.1. This is because sendmail requires "hostname" to be a fully qualified domain name.
Like this:
root@PBX106:/ $ hostname
PBX106

etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 pbx.local localhost IncrediblePBX.local localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4 PBX106

Maybe related to the above, the below issue is now resolved.
2. Stopping fail2ban takes close to 3 minutes each time.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.