PIONEERS NEW Incredible 13-13.10 Installers

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We're ready for a few brave souls to try out the latest and greatest release of Incredible PBX for CentOS. It includes all the latest FreePBX 13 GPL modules (Big Kahuna), support for SIP URI calling, preconfigured OSS Endpoint Manager, and native support for Skyetel trunks. Original tutorial here. Application Users Guide here.

D0R39wFXgAAha8q.png

Code:
passwd
yum -y update
yum -y install net-tools nano wget tar
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblepbx-13-13.10-LEAN.tar.gz
tar zxvf incrediblepbx-13-13.10-LEAN.tar.gz
rm -f incrediblepbx-13-13.10-LEAN.tar.gz
# to add swap file on non-OpenVZ cloud platforms
./create-swapfile-DO
# kick off Phase I install
./IncrediblePBX-13-13.sh
# after reboot, kick off Phase II install
./IncrediblePBX-13-13.sh
# add Full Enchilada apps if desired
./Enchilada-upgrade.sh
# add HylaFax/AvantFax if desired
./incrediblefax13.sh
# set passwords
./update-passwords
# set desired timezone
./timezone-setup
# remember to enable TUN/TAP if using VPS Control Panel
# then reconfigure PortKnocker if installing on OpenVZ platform
echo 'OPTIONS="-i venet0:0"' >> /etc/sysconfig/knockd
service knockd restart
# fix pbxstatus for NeoRouter IP support if desired
cd /usr/local/sbin
sed -i "s|cat /etc/hostip|cat /etc/hostip \| cut -f 3 -d ' ' |" pbxstatus
# set up NeoRouter client if desired
nrclientcmd
# check your platform speed
wget -O speedtest-cli https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py
chmod +x speedtest-cli
./speedtest-cli

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
A few minor additions (1) to add swapfile support on non-OpenVZ platforms and (2) to check the speed of your platform.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
New Incredible Backup 13 and Incredible Restore 13 scripts have now been added to the base installer. These support MySQL InnoDB tables which now are part of FreePBX. Old backup and restore scripts will no longer work so delete incrediblebackup and incrediblerestore. New ones are named incrediblebackup13 and incrediblerestore13. YOUR MySQL PASSWORD MUST BE passw0rd (with a zero).

If you need to independently download the new versions (which will work with all previous Incredible PBX builds, by the way):
Code:
cd /root
rm -f incrediblebackup
rm -f incrediblerestore
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblebackup13.tar.gz
tar zxvf incrediblebackup13.tar.gz
rm -f incrediblebackup13.tar.gz

ALERT: If you installed this Incredible Backup update before 9:55 am EST on Feb. 27, 2019, please reinstall. Apologies for late-minute bug in restore script only.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
New 13-13.10 update for Ubuntu 18.04.2 should be available early next week with a little luck.

D1y9t05XgAEheOa.png

Last edited:

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
Thank you Ward,
Every time I feel excited like getting a present when you launch your new versions and grateful when I see how much progress was made.

As most, I'm trying to keep the machine lean and clean to simplify maintenance, while having core/critical features (domain emails, email delivery of voicemail, send emails from CLI, *8, *7x, backup/restore, iptables, fail2ban, etc). Less interested in the weather, time, news, GV or STT.

Lately, I admit being confused about what's in the LEAN install versus the Enchilada.
I installed LEAN last night (I am almost sure I did not run ./Enchilada-upgrade.sh)
, but some testing and looking at extensions_custom.conf it's as if I got a lot more :)
I've been searching, but was unable to get clarity, can you help?

Just a few examples:
https://pbxinaflash.com/community/t...on-incredible-pbx-on-vultr.22793/#post-136649

Webmail is in LEAN now:
https://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/webmin-on-incredible13-13-iso.23344/#post-139604

Asteridex:
https://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/asteridex.23111/#post-138269

System status. automatic updates are part of LEAN:
http://nerdvittles.com/?p=24058

Some Enchilada features listed are in LEAN (some of *X, *XX featurecodes, 123, ext. 701, portknocker), but thats what Enchilada means by definition, right?
http://nerdvittles.com/?p=23948

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@Rrrr: You are correct. A few pieces have been added. Automatic Update Utility was added to provide a way to push security updates. Status was requested by a number of folks. Many, like AsteriDex, are just stubs in the GUI in case someone decides to install AsteriDex later on since these aren't part of the AsteriDex install. A few new things came over by virtue of the 70+ FreePBX modules that were added/upgraded. It was just too time-consuming to try and separate out FreePBX modules for the two different builds. All could easily be removed with a simple bash script if desired. I assumed that those using the Lean build could tackle that easily.

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
1. on the installation instructions for CentOS and Ubuntu:

Set passwords: is it on purpose you do not require to change the ARI password for Ubuntu?

for CentOS, you state:
./update-passwords
This takes us through changing password for user root, FreePBX admin password, admin password for Web Applications:
Apache admin password, ARI admin password.

for UBUNTU, you state:
Assuming you’ve already created a very secure root password (update it by running passwd), perform the following 5 Steps to get everything locked down:

1. Create an admin password for GUI access: /root/admin-pw-change
  2. Create an admin password for Apache web access: htpasswd /etc/pbx/wwwpasswd admin

2. Stopping fail2ban takes close to 3 minutes each time.
I installed LEAN on two cloud servers (DO and VULTR), both CentOS. In both cases the restart-iptables script stops fail2ban twice and this takes 3 minutes each time. Anything I can do about this?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@Rrrr: To be honest, I'd just disable Fail2Ban. Unless you have modified the firewall using TM3 whitelists, Fail2Ban is all but worthless since nothing is exposed to the Internet anyway.

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
Thank you. I'll be patient.

Meantime, after installing LEAN, voicemails aren't delivered to [email protected]
Status shows sendmail is up and running.

Then I remembered the additional instructions provided in here (although I am on CentOS) to use Gmail as a SmartHost for SendMail.
I got stuck as per below,
With so many threads on sendmail, is there one up to date or should I create a new one for this?

First try:
Code:
... OK UNTIL HERE 
root@PBX106:/etc/mail/auth $ cd ..

root@PBX106:/etc/mail $ make

root@PBX106:/etc/mail $ sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf' /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf|' /etc/mail/sendmail.mc.gmail
sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf|' /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.errors
sendmailconfigsed: -e expression #1, char 25: unterminated `s' command

root@PBX106:/etc/mail $ sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf|' /etc/mail/sendmail.mc

root@PBX106:/etc/mail $ sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf|' /etc/mail/Makefile

root@PBX106:/etc/mail $ sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf|' /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

root@PBX106:/etc/mail $ sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf|' /etc/mail/databases
sed: can't read /etc/mail/databases: No such file or directory

root@PBX106:/etc/mail $ sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf|' /etc/mail/sendmail.mc.gmail

root@PBX106:/etc/mail $ sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf|' /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.errors
sed: can't read /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.errors: No such file or directory

root@PBX106:/etc/mail $ sendmailconfig
-bash: sendmailconfig: command not found

In the above, something went wrong with copy/paste in the first 4 lines.

Second try (executing line by line):
Code:
root@PBX106:/etc/mail $ sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf|' /etc/mail/sendmail.mc

root@PBX106:/etc/mail $ sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf|' /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

root@PBX106:/etc/mail $ sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf|' /etc/mail/sendmail.mc.gmail

root@PBX106:/etc/mail $ sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf|' /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.errors

It sees a problem with databases, sendmail.cf.errors and sendmailconfig.
If these instructions are not for CentOS, please can you provide/point out where they are?
Many thanks

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
@ward
I executed all and got stuck again. Am I missing something?

Code:
root@PBX106:/etc/mail/auth $ makemap -r hash client-info.db < client-info
sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf|' /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf|' /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf|' /etc/mail/Makefile
sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf|' /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf|' /etc/mail/databases
sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf|' /etc/mail/sendmail.mc.gmail
sed -i 's|sendmail-cf|sendmail/cf|' /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.errors

root@PBX106:/etc/mail/auth $ cd ..

m4:sendmail.mc:10: cannot open `/usr/share/sendmail/cf/m4/cf.m4': No such file or directory

sed: -e expression #1, char 25: unterminated `s' command (FIXED: wm)

Last edited by a moderator:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@Rrrr I really apologize. Haven't used this in a long time. The problem is that, on Ubuntu/Debian platforms, for some inexplicable reason they renamed some of the directory structure in /usr/share from sendmail-cf to sendmail/cf. So... on CentOS platforms, perform all the steps down through the make step and then just restart SendMail. In other words, skip all of the sed commands and the sendmailconfig step.I've fixed the CentOS tutorial for Incredible PBX. Sorry you had to be the guinea pig.

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
No worries, sendmail from my own domain always was a major set-up hassle, happy to contribute.

Getting close to completion:
Code:

m4:sendmail.mc:10: cannot open `/usr/share/sendmail/cf/m4/cf.m4': No such file or directory

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Sorry. I feel like we're on two different channels. I assumed you were on the CentOS platform, not the RasPi platform. Which is it??

BUT...

There was still an error in the Raspbian and Ubuntu instructions. The make command should come AFTER all of the sed commands have been issued. Tutorials fixed now. Sorry.

Last edited:

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
I am on CentOS. I suspected my install got screwed up because of previous attempts, ran a restore, did it again and now its working fine, many thanks!

Additional information: client-info
Instead of Gmail account name without @gmail.com, I successfully used my Google Suite account [email protected] and its app password (created here under app passwords).

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just an FYI that the repo we previously used for spandsp disappeared this morning. So, if you're using the Incredible PBX 13-13.10 installer for CentOS 6, please download a fresh copy as yesterday's version will hang looking for spandsp. We're now using the epel repo for CentOS 6 which is much more stable.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
SpanDSP very important for faxing. Why did the repo disappear? Who was it hosted by? Please tell me the bricks in Sangoma are not falling.

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
@ward

Code:
srvlookup=yes
allowguest=yes

Is there a reason they are set by default?
Especially allowguest is (for me) a complicated variable that has many consequences I may not fully grasp.
Note I have no intention to allow incoming SIP calls from anything but trusted SIP providers.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
allowguest doesn't allow anonymous SIP calls. It simply shows the activity. Some providers/services require it. srvlookup is also required by some providers to keep a connection active.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.