I HAVE A DREAM NEW CallerID Superfecta 2.2.4: THE MODULE

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
Two files attached. "not-working.txt" is when I call from my cell in to my extension. You'll notice that its not even checking for the caller ID text. The second file is "working.txt" which is what happens when a call into a specifically defined inbound route like our conference bridge (no SIP phone; just an inbound route that directs the call to the conference IVR). This would seem to indicate that the inbound route for default (matches the inbound DID to the extension versus going through the explicit inbound routes) is where something is missing.
BTW, thanks for all the help.

I think your right about the way in which the call arrives. I feel as if there should be a way around this. Do you use a catch all route? If so, can you see what happens when you disable it?

I *think* that establishing inbound routes in the extension, verses the inbound routes page is the same. When I establish in inbound route to a specific extension destination in the inbound routes section, it shows up in the extension definition. Or, did I miss your point?

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
hernanp: If you direct your browser to the results page and hit refresh 10-20 times in short order you may duplicate what I was able to...and that is a 500 error on the page load. An error loading the page is the only thing that should cause the "not found" problem with this source.

I'm not sure if this is a protection that they have put in place to stop abuse, of if their server just gets overloaded easily...
Its a fact if life - the data sources can fail for a wide variety of reasons. That being said - we always listen carefully to what we learn here in the forums - we will investigate ways to minimize the impact of a intermittently failing data sources. (http://192.168.64.153/issues/show/68)

kelinger

Reaction score
I think your right about the way in which the call arrives. I feel as if there should be a way around this. Do you use a catch all route? If so, can you see what happens when you disable it?

I *think* that establishing inbound routes in the extension, verses the inbound routes page is the same. When I establish in inbound route to a specific extension destination in the inbound routes section, it shows up in the extension definition. Or, did I miss your point?

I have three inbound routes defined (one for a conference bridge, one for an internal redirect to a receptionist and one for an external redirect to a receptionist).

The telco sends us 10 digit DNIS with each call and each extension is configured with that 10 digit DNIS as the DID.

There was a catch all route which basically said "ring forever" that was also assigned to the Superfecta lookup group but that obviously wasn't getting called. Still, I took it out of the inbound routes and no lookup is occurring.

dbenwit

Reaction score
Not able to turn on Cache Results

Thanks to everyone who has worked on this. It is working great for me, except that I cannot turn on the Cache Results option under the CID Superfecta Lookup source. I have tried this on two different installations and I cannot get the Cache Results box to stay checked when I submit my changes. I believe that this must be checked to store results in the Asterisk Phonebook.

Has anyone else experienced this?

kwest

Reaction score
The Module is working perfectly but noticed one odd thing since installing the module, when you call in then back out I get fast busy but only if calling in then out, for example if I call in and try to use DISA or where a gizmo5 call comes in and then tries to go out to skype through the siptosis gateway. If I go to that inbound trunk and turn the Superfecta 2.0 caller ID look up off or set it back to the old one everything is ok, can someone confirm this please? or is it just happining with my setup?

Thanks
Anybody???

mruge

Guru
Reaction score
I made an extension module for this to work with VoIPCNAM.com.

Just update the line in the php file with your API for VoIPCNAM and upload it to the /var/www/html/admin/modules/superfecta/bin/ directory and enable it in the Superfecta module in FreePBX.

I am not a php coding wizard, so please feel free to add to it if something seems flawed or you just want to make it better.

Enjoy!

Michael

Attachments

• Superfecta-VoIPCNAM.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 5

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
Way to go Michael!

I made an extension module for this to work with VoIPCNAM.com.

Just update the line in the php file with your API for VoIPCNAM and upload it to the /var/www/html/admin/modules/superfecta/bin/ directory and enable it in the Superfecta module in FreePBX.

I am not a php coding wizard, so please feel free to add to it if something seems flawed or you just want to make it better.

Enjoy!

Michael

Way to go Michael! Your contribution is warmly welcome -

For all "could-be" contributors
This is a great chance to get involved in the actual creation process like mruge and MageMinds have. Read on to see how the process works. Its as simple as: Code, pass technical requirements, and your published! Once that happens we'll include your [data-source] script in the files repository right along side Superfecta.

First - read the brief developer guide here. Then, start coding. When your ready - let us know and well take it through the next step -

That's where we take your contribution through the regular "standards and practices" review - which helps assure overall Superfecta Stability. If there are adjustments to be made - we'll help get them done.

Plus - Michael - I'll just go ahead and welcome you to the Dev Support site - your account was approved a little while ago. :lol:

Update: Code has been checked into the SVN. (5/17/09 8:00 PST)
Update: Code has passed standards review! (5/18/09 24:00 PST)

-tshif

TDF

Reaction score
I'm about 30 hours into Google search and whocallsme, not knowing any languages is a hindrance though. :lol:

kelinger

Reaction score
So for my issue...

With the calls not translating from the general extension list, what would be the best way to add the CallerID lookup? That is, the extension list has my 10 digit full number listed and the calls don't go through the inbound routes lookup so CallerID Superfecta is never called.

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
With the calls not translating from the general extension list, what would be the best way to add the CallerID lookup? That is, the extension list has my 10 digit full number listed and the calls don't go through the inbound routes lookup so CallerID Superfecta is never called.

FreePBX is able to perform caller ID lookup on inbound routes only.

kelinger

Reaction score
FreePBX is able to perform caller ID lookup on inbound routes only.

So how can I make my inbound calls go through an inbound route? That is, the calls I'm talking about right now are coming IN to the system from OUTSIDE (via a T1).

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
So how can I make my inbound calls go through an inbound route? That is, the calls I'm talking about right now are coming IN to the system from OUTSIDE (via a T1).

Im truly sorry - but I cant understand how your calls are getting into your system - if they don't use an inbound route I haven't got a clue.

kelinger

Reaction score
Im truly sorry - but I cant understand how your calls are getting into your system - if they don't use an inbound route I haven't got a clue.

That's why I figure I missing something obvious somewhere. Its just a basic TrixBox installation. We're using two T1s for incoming calls and the telco passes us 10 digit DID/DNIS with the incoming calls. I have my extensions setup with the 10 digit DID (internally, we use the last 4 digits as our extension). When someone calls the 10 digit number, it rings through to the phone on the extension. If I create an inbound route (say to take DID 1111111111 and direct it to extension 2222) then the caller ID lookup runs when someone calls 111-111-1111. However, if I drop that inbound route, then the call rings through to 1111 without running the caller ID lookup.

I figured my configuration wasn't that uncommon but perhaps it is. What am I overlooking?

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
That's why I figure I missing something obvious somewhere. Its just a basic TrixBox installation. We're using two T1s for incoming calls and the telco passes us 10 digit DID/DNIS with the incoming calls. I have my extensions setup with the 10 digit DID (internally, we use the last 4 digits as our extension). When someone calls the 10 digit number, it rings through to the phone on the extension. If I create an inbound route (say to take DID 1111111111 and direct it to extension 2222) then the caller ID lookup runs when someone calls 111-111-1111. However, if I drop that inbound route, then the call rings through to 1111 without running the caller ID lookup.

I figured my configuration wasn't that uncommon but perhaps it is. What am I overlooking?

If it works with the inbound route - can you not leave it in place? I'm still missing something....

kelinger

Reaction score
If it works with the inbound route - can you not leave it in place? I'm still missing something....

I can't create an inbound route that maps 1111 to 1111 (for example) because 1111 is taken up by the extension. I suppose I could change every one (100 of them) of the extensions to be incorrect and then create an inbound route (100 of them) for each extension but that can't possibly be what everyone else is doing.

Boolah

Guru
Reaction score
I'm afraid I'm not following this either. Why would you map 1111 to 1111? Wouldn't you be mapping the DID 1111111111 to the extension 1111?

Associating DIDs to extensions is really not that hard (even for 100 numbers). Just enter the DID in the "Add Inbound DID" field on the Extension's page. The inbound route will automatically be created for you.

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
I'm afraid I'm not following this either. Why would you map 1111 to 1111? Wouldn't you be mapping the DID 1111111111 to the extension 1111?

Associating DIDs to extensions is really not that hard (even for 100 numbers). Just enter the DID in the "Add Inbound DID" field on the Extension's page. The inbound route will automatically be created for you.

Thanks! - I was starting to feel a little brain dead for not understanding. I'm sure there are ways to get calls in without a inbound route (other than unauthenticated SIP), I just don't know any of them. What I'm really stuck on is why? I want to understand...

kelinger

Reaction score
Thanks! - I was starting to feel a little brain dead for not understanding. I'm sure there are ways to get calls in without a inbound route (other than unauthenticated SIP), I just don't know any of them. What I'm really stuck on is why? I want to understand...

I realize that this is getting away from a discussion of Superfecta (but it will return to that) and its developing into more of a generic discussion of the setup of Trixbox/Asterisk at this point. I really appreciate your constant help.

How do most people setup their box to use an inbound route? Do they define the extensions with the DIDs and then an inbound route for each extension? Or, is there a "wildcard" way to create one inbound route that goes to every specific extension (directly, without going through an auto-attendant)? That is, if I have 100 or 1000 extensions, I definitely have to program those extensions but I would hope I wouldn't have to make a separate inbound route for 1001, 1002, 1003... 1999, 2000.

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
I realize that this is getting away from a discussion of Superfecta (but it will return to that) and its developing into more of a generic discussion of the setup of Trixbox/Asterisk at this point. I really appreciate your constant help.

How do most people setup their box to use an inbound route? Do they define the extensions with the DIDs and then an inbound route for each extension? Or, is there a "wildcard" way to create one inbound route that goes to every specific extension (directly, without going through an auto-attendant)? That is, if I have 100 or 1000 extensions, I definitely have to program those extensions but I would hope I wouldn't have to make a separate inbound route for 1001, 1002, 1003... 1999, 2000.

Ok - now you asking a question we can get our arms around.
create one inbound route that goes to every specific extension (directly, without going through an auto-attendant)?

From what you said, it seems you want inbound telephone number ( lets use 555-666-1212) to ring in on many desks. If I got this right, then the answer would be that the inbound number (555-666-1212) would be Inbound Routed to a ring group that has in it all the extensions you want to ring for this number.

Do they define the extensions with the DIDs and then an inbound route for each extension?

Well that is traditional way to handle it when you have a Private line - an individual who has a phone number that rings directly at their phone without any IVR, or ring groups.

As has been said by Boolah, Just enter the DID in the "Add Inbound DID" field on the Extension's page. The inbound route will automatically be created for you.

So - for number you want ringing on multiple desks - The inbound route destination for the number is a ring group. For private line use, the inbound route goes directly to a single extension destination.

Unless - I'm failing to understand your situation again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.