I HAVE A DREAM NEW CallerID Superfecta 2.2.4: THE MODULE

jjsmd

Reaction score
I'm not putting in any dashes.

I just enter the 10 digits

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
Your result times are all under .00x seconds...

What do you have the timeout set for?

kwest

Reaction score
The Module is working perfectly but noticed one odd thing since installing the module, when you call in then back out I get fast busy but only if calling in then out, for example if I call in and try to use DISA or where a gizmo5 call comes in and then tries to go out to skype through the siptosis gateway. If I go to that inbound trunk and turn the Superfecta 2.0 caller ID look up off or set it back to the old one everything is ok, can someone confirm this please? or is it just happining with my setup?

Thanks

jjsmd

Reaction score
I changed the timeout to 30 it still gives same results

Reaction score
I'm not putting in any dashes.

I just enter the 10 digits

do other numbers work?

Can you do the following (And anyone else reporting a bug)

from the command line enter the following command:
tail -f /var/log/httpd/error_log

Then run the debug of a phone number and paste anything that gets posted to the error log along with your bug report. The error log will help us determine the exact nature of the problem.

bigtalker

Reaction score
user/password

The module screen references the possible need for user/password. What user/password is this looking for. To my knowledge I am not using any sources that require registration.

Getting !DOCTYPE HTML displayed on phone.

Any guidance appreciated.

Great community effort to birth this feature, keep it up!

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
Its wanting your maint/password combo. Probably the same combo you used to access FreePBX with.

There is hover-over help on many of the fields - so be sure and check that out if your uncertain about any fields use or purpose.

Thanks for the kind words! We all love to hear those of course!

Reaction score
The module screen references the possible need for user/password. What user/password is this looking for. To my knowledge I am not using any sources that require registration.

Getting !DOCTYPE HTML displayed on phone.

Any guidance appreciated.

Great community effort to birth this feature, keep it up!

Do you have to enter a username (like maint or wwwadmin) and a password to get into the administrative portion of FreePBX? I'm assuming you do because you're getting this error, and you need to specify your username (probably maint) and password in the module.

Reaction score
does your httpd.conf has a rewrite clause to not allow http but only https? If so, you will probably need to put an exclusion for the superfecta folder.

MageMinds

Guru
Reaction score
How does the Cache Results works in the CallerID lookup source? Does those cached results get erased when you reload amportal? Does the script get fired when the results are cached? Should we not use the cache results option?

Edit: Nevermind, the setting doesn't event want to be enabled ...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
With our old CallerID Superfecta, Cache Results, if turned on, gets used first. Works great unless you get bad data. Then you need to turn it off and clean it out. Otherwise, it grows and grows. Nothing cleans it out for you so we wrote a script to do it. See attached.

Maybe one of the new, new developers will chime in on whether Asterisk caching is going to be supported down the road.

Attachments

• purgeCIDcache.zip
    294 bytes · Views: 9
Reaction score
I added caching to a list of feature requests for future versions. The very next release will be a bug fix only release, and then we'll get started on new features.

Baylink

Guru
Reaction score
Someone appears to have posted an inline to a restricted page on a server named "yysmdasterisk..."...

vcallaway

Guru
Reaction score
I have a small issue with Asterisk Phonebook lookups.

I have multiple DID providers. Two of them pass the CID number as a 10 digit number. The other passes it as 11 digits with a one at the front. 99% of my calls come from the provider that uses 11 digits.

The last script I used I made a small mod to make sure my numbers were all being stored in 11 digits no matter which provider it was. Mostly because of Caching. It was a simple mod to the php.

Since this is a module I don't want to go messing with the code and have it break on an update. Since this module does not cache it would be nice if there was some option to select an 11 digit number for US users.

chorob

Reaction score
Install issue

I have a relatively fresh install of PBXIAF 1.4. I get this error when loading the module:

Errors with selection:

• CID Superfecta cannot be installed:
    • Module cidlookup is required.
    Please try again after the dependencies have been installed.
I can't find the module "cidlookup" anywhere. Keep in mind I am a noob. Thanks!

TDF

Reaction score
FreePBX>Module Admin>Check For Updates Online

then its under 'Inbound Call Control', Caller ID Lookup, install it then try again.

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
I had one call tonight return this message the message below. All other calls seemed display ok.

The requested URL /admin/modules/superfecta/callerid.php was not found on this server.

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
Caching the results of Superfecta (or any CID source selected in FreePBX) generally means that the Caller ID will be added to your Asterisk Phone book.

Superfecta does not manage caching itself, rather depends upon FreePBX to do it, if configured to do so.

In the CID Lookup Sources in FreePBX, there is a check box that says "Cache results" - available for any source you have configured.

If you want the Superfecta results to be cached (added to your Asterisk Phonebook), enable this check box.

NOTE: FreePBX has a BUG that causes the checkmark box setting to NOT BE SAVED correctly. If you mess around with it enough, sometimes you can make FreePBX happy and save the status change. Otherwise, use myPhpAdmin and change the value of the database directly. (Don't rave at US - this is a FreePBX bug :) )

In order to get the benefit from caching results, you will want to add your Asterisk Phone Book to the enabled sources of Superfecta; In fact, I usually make it the very FIRST source to be checked. So, when a call comes in, the first thing Superfecta will do is look into the Asterisk Phone book for a match.

This configuration also means that the phone book will essentially override any other CID sources - which can be good. In some cases we have added more complete information to our Asterisk Phone book that can be had from any Lookup source - and that information is used before outside sources.

What Ward said about the Asterisk Phone book growing ever larger is quite true. For most of our systems, we have found the best combo for config it
1) No results caching.
2) Manual entries in the Asterisk Phone book for those numbers we want to customize CID info for.
3) Asterisk Phone book as the first lookup source.

-tshif

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
Caller ID Superfecta: THE MODULE Version 2.0.1 Maintenance Release.

Caller ID Superfecta: THE MODULE Version 2.0.1 Maintenance Release.

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of Caller ID Superfecta: THE MODULE Version 2.0.1 Maintenance Release.

Please download and upgrade your Caller ID Superfecta Module to version 2.0.1, from this location.

This upgrade should be applied to ALL current installations.

There are a total of eight changes in this maintenance release.
As always - please let us know how the latest upgrades work for you!

-Tony

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.