FYI NeoRouter SetUp Question

jake372

Reaction score
I've read through the nerdvittle's tutorials on setting up the Neorouter VPN solution.

Here's my setup:

-Issabel w/ Incredible PBX installed on a Digital Ocean Droplet
-Three remote phones installed at remote location w/ a dynamic ip -- set up dynamic dns fqdn.
-Four remote phones are remote location w/ a static IP address

I have installed the NeoRouter server on a PC in one of the remote locations and have set up clients one pc at each the remote location, as connected the Issabel pbx.

Assuming I did all of this right (let me know if there's a flaw in my setup) here's what I don't understand. I see PC's connected at the remote locations to the VPN b/c I installed clients on those PCs. But how do the phones themselves connect? Wouldn't those have to have the client running on them as well? My sound like a bone-headed question (I am a Windows user) but I'm lost/dazed/confused.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Jason Warren

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Softphone on client PC can connect through NeoRouter. Other SIP phones cannot. You'd need a VPN such as OpenVPN that is supported on your actual SIP phone or router.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.