DEAL Needed: PBX Savvy Individual for Hire -Zip code routing

CluelessPBXr

Reaction score
Not sure if hiring members for help is allowed on this forum. Apologies if this is against the terms.

However, we need a way to route calls by zip code. Caller dials toll free number, greeted with prompt to enter zip code (5 digits), then based on that entry is routed to an external number (cell, landline, etc.). Can PBX in a flash accomplish this? If so, I would appreciate anyone interested in handling this for me to PM me or reply. Again, not sure if hiring is allowed on this forum, or if this is posted in the wrong section of the forum.

Thanks

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
You don't need a programmer for this per se; you can do it in the Incredible GUI, it will just take you some time. Seems like a good job for a summer student.
Set inbound route to IVR where you ask the zip code
Make each entry on the IVR a zip code
Make destination whatever you want it to be (misc destination)

Tedious and time consuming but not at all difficult; not sure you can have thousands of entries but can't see why that would matter it should work.

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
Since there are some 41,660 unique zip codes including ZCTA, unique, military, and PO box zips. In the US alone I don't think Hand coding them as a DIAL() or gotoif() line in a context is a great approach.

But if you are looking at a small subset for a regional operating area then that may be the best approach and you just need to look at the IVR contexts to determine what your code needs to be -

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Creating+a+Simple+IVR+Menu
https://www.ringroost.com/ivr-setup-asterisk.php
---

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
Generally there is a lot of meta data in a zip code , county state et al, you can do a least squares compute to your nearest pop ( point of presense) ''on the fly" given your knowledge of the lat/lon of any particular ZIP CODE but you also can cross correlate against census data and any number of other points of datum and to who is likely calling at a cost varying on depth of analysis and granularity.

So any use case would need a specific design, marketers can buy levels of ZIP Code data for a few hundreds of dollars for Nationwide ,

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.