SOLVED Need to create 3 separate announcements for 1 incoming sip DID at different times of the day?

nateornat

Reaction score
Running Asterisk 13.17.2 Incredible GUI 12.0.39

I have a system that has a single sip DID.

The request is to have all calls in the morning (7am-12pm) ring to a ring group and then VM if not answered. (Day announcement)

From 12pm to 1pm, go strait to a "Lunch announcement" that says closed for lunch, leave a message.

Then from 1pm to 5pm the same "day announcement".
Lastly, from 5pm to 7am the "night announcement".

What I have figured out is using a time group/conditions I can create the day and night message and times correctly, but how do i get the "lunch message" to play from 12-1pm? I can only have the 2 announcements in there, if time matches or doesn't match, hence day and night announcement. Any i can only send the DID to 1 time condition. Its a real thinker.
Currently they are using Vonage :censored: for this and they have it working. I told the people if vonage can do it we can do it better with Incredible PBX.
I'm at a loss on how to make this work and am looking to you guys for help.
Thanks.

Eliad

Reaction score
i think one way that might work is to cascade those announcements. basically first if does not meet the criteria goes to the second one then if the second one does not meet the criteria it would go to the 3 one. I might be wrong since I never tried in real life.

nateornat

Reaction score
i think one way that might work is to cascade those announcements. basically first if does not meet the criteria goes to the second one then if the second one does not meet the criteria it would go to the 3 one. I might be wrong since I never tried in real life.

Just an FYI,
The cascade of "time conditions" worked like a charm. 7am-12pm, 12-1pm, then 1 to 5pm, all cascading and able to have the 1 did go many different places.

Thanks!

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.