FYI Need Persistent Call Forwarding Module - Paid Job

hasan

Reaction score
Hello,

I currently use my voip carrier's persistent or static call forwarding feature module for my customers who want to permanently forward calls from the DID number I assign them to their cell, home, or work number.

When the call volume was small, it wasn't a big deal. But, with larger call volume the pennies are adding up and I hope a better solution can be found.

The solution will also need a single page/custom user interface where all I need to do is put in the assigned DID number and the call forwarding number "go to" number. It would also be nice if it had a carrier choice as well.

The application will run at a VPS.

You can contact me off list hasanxmalik at gmail dot com and let me know what you've done and what you can do.

This is a paid job.

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
Have you considered setting up a forwarding through the pbx?

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I would comment if you're willing to make 2 or 3 more clicks this is easily done in PIAF - just create an inbound route with the DID and a Misc destination of the phone number you want to forward to. Then setup outbound routes (one time) with your choice of carriers to send to. So your process will be log in, click connectivity, inbound routes, input the DID, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose destination misc destinations, then type the number and an easy name to remember by, and click save / apply.

If you need/want help doing that then reply here; there's a few of us around I'm sure that can handle that for you; it's really just a matter of configuring a PIAF instance and making sure it's secure.

hasan

Reaction score
i've had that before with freepbx/a2billing and also had a bluebox application from 2600hz. it's a not a killer process, but it's a cumbersome multi-step process that seems outdated. i have a custom asterisk solution interface for my voicemail signups that is one page where i just punch in the DID number in one box, the temporary passcode in another box, the email message notification address in another box, click the timezone box, and all of them on a single line. it takes seconds to activate a new customer rather than minutes and without the multipage hopping around which invariably leads to silly mistakes/misconfigurations.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I understand; really what you want is a vanilla Asterisk install and a one page web site that does just what you want and maybe allows you to remove things too (so a couple pages then). Beyond my skill level but I see what you're saying. Check out vworker.com if you can't find anyone; there's a couple people on there that can probably help you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.