TIPS Need help making decision on new VOIP provider

chewie

Reaction score
I've been reading through the suggested providers here, searched all over the net, etc, but am very undecided on who to pick over a provider to replace google voice. Obviously I'm not getting free, but would like to keep costs per month down, as this will be an added cost now per month (gee, thanks Google!)

Basically I'd *like* to get:
- I'm US based
- a local DID (I can point the GV # to it, assuming forwarding is still going to work - helps if I have to ditch a provider and go elsewhere too)
- unlimited inbound
- unlimited outbound

Also, I have my own devices (2 SIP phones and a Obi bridge), so not worried there.

My wife talks with her mother and aunt frequently..like several times a day and night.
I talk with my parents in another state, and my grandmother in another state as well.
We get frequent calls from places like CVS, the doctors office, etc.I tried getting a report per ext but looks like reporting isn't either enabled or isn't working (and I'm too lazy to check lol). We have OK cell phone coverage, but I'd like to still have a 'landline' for now.

I've found the following:
http://www.phonepower.com/exception...rada&utm_nooverride=1&utm_content=42380562066

Seems like they would be pretty good for a provider, unlimited in and out...is it too good to be true? I have my own adapters, etc but it seems cheap and good?

Vitelity seems to be highly recommended, but they don't do unlimited outbound.

Right now I'm just confused on choices and what the end costs are going to be.

My head is swimming, help! :)

chewie

Reaction score
I did check those out but again I'm lost.
I did just discover Vestalink and they have a fantastic deal right now, so attempting to try them out.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I'm sure they'll be fine. The problem with picking the bottom end people can be some headaches if they ever go away or if you have problems support can be painful.

Porch

Guru
Reaction score
You get what you pay for. I don't know any provider who offers true unlimited in and out. Most still have a cap of 3,000 to 5,000 minutes a month.

I found forwarding from GV to a SIP provider to be troublesome. I had to do lots of tricks to my PBX to make it work right.

Reaction score
Figure out how much calling you actually do. Anveo allows a certain numbers of min in for "free" and outgoing is very cheap depending on where you call and how YOU set up the routing.

chewie

Reaction score
I've quickly setup the Vestalink trial and trunk/inbound routes for testing. Inbound quality sounds fantastic.
Will try testing outbound tonight to give it a final once over.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.