SOLVED Need consultant to help with system migration - PAID

foxglove

Reaction score
Hi,
I am a small business owner and have been using a PIAF + Cisco IP phones with a Google Voice phone number for years. All of a sudden things are going down all the time and it's the GV connection that is messing up I believe.

I am looking to hire someone on a consulting/implementation basis to help move my google voice number out of GV to get consistency / 100% uptime and either update or create a new PIAF install on my local hardware so that I can connect the phone number into my local Cisco IP phones.

I'm thinking something like port the GV somewhere else that is SIP/PIAF friendly, then connect that service into my local PBX computer at my offices, which then controls all the workings of my Cisco SPA 303's in my offices.
Please contact me directly (rt at tomson dot com) with your plan/proposal, rate, and projected total costs to perform this type of service.

thank you
Ross

foxglove

Reaction score
Also if this is not really the right place to request or find this kind of help, would someone please point me in the right direction of someone / company that can help me.

thanks
Ross

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Also if this is not really the right place to request or find this kind of help, would someone please point me in the right direction of someone / company that can help me.

thanks
Ross

You might want to add where you are located.

foxglove

Reaction score
Anyone? Or anyone able to point me in the right direction? Need help on this ASAP.

billsimon

Reaction score
For $6 you can use Google Voice Gateway (http://simonics.com/services) to move your GV number to SIP as an intermediate step until you have ported your number to a different carrier. A trunk configuration tutorial is available in our support section as well. That should get you up and running again quickly.

foxglove

Reaction score
For $6 you can use Google Voice Gateway (http://simonics.com/services) to move your GV number to SIP as an intermediate step until you have ported your number to a different carrier. A trunk configuration tutorial is available in our support section as well. That should get you up and running again quickly.

HI Bill - Just sent you an email through your company (assuming this is your company) email address. Thanks for the advice and I am looking forward to hearing back from you on the email.

Thanks!
Ross

rchalk

Reaction score
You should be able to port your GV number to any of the major VOIP Providers. I have tried several, and my personal preference is VOIP.MS, and they offer free porting. I believe you have to go to Google first, and unlock the number, which may incur a charge of $10.00 - at least it did when I went through this a while back.
Others on here will tell you about less expensive providers, and you can certainly try them. However, VOIP.MS has a very user-friendly interface with many menu-driven options, and has been extremely reliable for me. The trunk configuration examples are on their website, and are easy to set up.
If you need more specific details, please PM me and I will help you work through the transition.

Anyone? Or anyone able to point me in the right direction? Need help on this ASAP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.