SOLVED My Vitelity DID stopped working

gotel

Reaction score
For the last 3 years everything has been working fine with my 2 DID's connected to my PIAF server. Yesterday everything was working fine. Today when I attempt to make an outbound call I got a busy signal.

I got outbound calls working but inbound calls are ringing busy.

Vitelity support says the "invite" is not being accepted. How can I check to see if the connection is being blocked by iptables?

I tried turning off iptables but I still get a busy signal when trying to make an inbound call.

Thanks,
Gotel

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Verify the IP's that Vitelity is using to send traffic to you, and then make sure you have an inbound trunk for each. If you want, ask them on the call the the invite is not accepted on, what IP they sent it from. You can always do wireshark to view the traffic and find out details.

rchalk

Reaction score
Recently, Vitelity made a change which they say is for increased security. They no longer accept calls to a trunk set up with the main account and credentials. Try creating a sub-account, reconfigure your trunk settings to go to this subaccount, and redirect your DID to send incoming calls to the same subaccount. This worked for me....

gotel

Reaction score
Recently, Vitelity made a change which they say is for increased security. They no longer accept calls to a trunk set up with the main account and credentials. Try creating a sub-account, reconfigure your trunk settings to go to this subaccount, and redirect your DID to send incoming calls to the same subaccount. This worked for me....

Yes this resolved my issue.

Thanks,
Gotel

ronaldgibson

Reaction score
My last successful incoming call was on 2/14. My PIAF died, it was v2.4 and so old. It had been down for a couple of years. I've been using my SPA941. I called Vitelity to set up my sub account and checked their sample page of settings for the phone. I still get a busy. Also tried CSIPSimple on my two cell phones with their default settings and incoming server sip7.vitelity.net. It pings the same address as incoming7.vitelity.net. Already tried setting the IP address to my router.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.