MY system does not recognize DTMF keypresses

rasco

Reaction score
It sounds like my system does not recognize the DTMF keypresses when i call from Land line or cell phones when pressing option 1 or option 2 in my ivr don't work and then hangs up.

i have set dtmfmode=auto to dtmfmode=rfc2833
what i am trying to say only calls from a LAND line to my SIP trunk are experiencing DTM.

Someone on a forum suggest me too try setting adjusting incoming volume level (try raising it slightly to see if that has any effect).

how to i do that in incredible PBX ?

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
That can't be done on a SIP trunk. You can only do that if you're using FXO lines, and isn't a function of the PBX, it's a line card or gateway setting.

billsimon

Reaction score
It sounds like my system does not recognize the DTMF keypresses when i call from Land line or cell phones when pressing option 1 or option 2 in my ivr don't work and then hangs up.

Enable SIP tracing on your PBX. If you are using a chan_sip trunk, then on the Asterisk CLI, enter "sip set debug on" and then receive a call. If you are using pjsip, the command is "pjsip set logger on".

What you are looking for is the incoming INVITE message which will tell you how your SIP provider plans to deliver DTMF to you.

In the incoming INVITE if you see in the body of the message (called the SDP) something like:

a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000

Then your provider is using RFC2833. If you don't see this on the INVITE your provider may be sending you DTMF "inband" and so you will need to do inband detection. Set "dtmfmode=inband" in your trunk settings.

smarks

Guru
Reaction score
If your SIP providers does not give you RFC2833 then find another provider. No reason to be messing around with inband and volumes and never getting it to work 100% when you can just use RFC2833 and never have any problems.

rasco

Reaction score
Smarks , my provider is freephoneline.ca for some reason the problem is them i tried another number from them and it works for some reason my trunks that i had with DTMF stoped working. and there is no way to contact them .
can you tell me what is a good provider ?

smarks

Guru
Reaction score
Smarks , my provider is freephoneline.ca for some reason the problem is them i tried another number from them and it works for some reason my trunks that i had with DTMF stoped working. and there is no way to contact them .
can you tell me what is a good provider ?

There are lots of good providers. I like Telnyx quite a bit for wholesale service at the moment. They are an actual CLEC carrier with their own private network as opposed to most other providers that are aggregators using public connections. Including Twilio.

It's easy to add providers and DID's so that's usually the first thing I do to determine if it's a provider issue. I have a few dollars in balance with several different providers so I always have instant access to multiple options at any time.

In my opinion, there is no reason to be messing around with provider issues like this when you have so many other options. I wouldn't be chasing free when you can get a much better service for pennies. The only free service I use is Google Voice. I don't use it on a PBX though. Not sure if that still works.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.