Mwi + Nat

2source

Reaction score
Hi guys, not sure is this has been mentioned anywhere else or maybe its just something odd on my install.

I had no sip_nat.conf so I created it manually.

Also MWI on some phones requires an entry for the mailbox number (*97) this had to be added to sip.conf under the [general] section with vmexten = *97

If someone could add to this to let me know if it was something odd on just my install or if these are bugs.

Thanks guys for a great looking product.

Karl Linley
2 Source Ltd.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The entry won't stick in sip.conf. FreePBX rewrites that file whenever you make a change. Better post this one on the FreePBX Forum.

Mic

Reaction score
I am sure you are aware but ....For the vmexten=*97 entry you can create sip_general_additional.conf and add it there.... since it is in an include in the sip.conf [general] context...

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

You can add entries into the existing sip_custom.conf as this is #included in sip.conf, additionally, the sip_nat file is also #included, so you will have no problems putting your entries in there, as long as you have set ownership / permissions correctly.

putting entries into sip.conf maybe a dangerous thing to do, as the sip.conf file is now located in /var/www/html/admin directory and has a link from the /etc/asterisk directory.

The danger is that at some point in the future, the FreePBX guys may change that file during an upgrade, thus overwriting any changes you may have made to it.

Yours

Joe

2source

Reaction score
Hi,

I am very new to this to be honest, would it also be better to move the option for unauthenticated calls and allowed codecs to the sip_custom.conf or sip_additional.conf too?

Thanks

Karl

jpe

Reaction score
make all adjustments in the _custom.conf. anything with _additional.conf will get written over by FreePBX when you reload it.

2source

Reaction score
Thanks,

I will remember this, I have messaged on the freepbx forum, but looks like they know about the mwi issue, but the sip_nat.conf if optional and needs creating manually.

Thanks

Karl

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.