NO JOY Munin Install

Peter847

Reaction score
I've loaded up the 32 bit PIAF 2.0.6.2.1 iso + incrediblepbx twice now but I can't get munin to install. The screen output complains of missing the package perl:)MODULE_COMPAT_5.8.8) which I guess is the Centos 5.8.8 compatible version? Interestingly this error does not appear in the install log.

Any thoughts on a fix?

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
nope. It was expected as 206x got more installs other incompatibilities would pop up. There appears to be some updated rpms so we will have to look at it and try to get them in the repo. On the long list so for the moment don't use install-munin

Tom

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Ok I have repaired the program somewhat and am in the process of uploading the centos 6 versions of munin. Also fixed the install-dailybackup and install-diskbackup so they are pointing to the correct repo and updated the files.

The down side is it won't be off the private server for a bit so in the morning (it is 21:25 Eastern at the moment Dont try before 0400 Eastern January 08, 2012) you can try again.

You should check that nothing of munin was installed by doing a yum list munin*

If something was installed please uninstall it prior to running the updated install-munin program.

Here is how to get the latest.

1. update-programs -d
2. install-munin -d

BTW munin is a work in programs the asterisk 1.8/10 do have a couple of problems with filling up a log file with an entry. Someone posted it in another thread and The author of the updated already knows about it. Also this mod has NOT been extensively testing so consider yourself a guinea pig.

Thanks for the report.

Tom

Peter847

Reaction score
Thanks for the update I'll have another go in the morning - and yes I accept I'm a guinea pig!

Peter847

Reaction score
Sorry - still have errors:

Error: Package: munin-1.4.6-4.el6.2.noarch (piaf6)
Requires: perl(HTML::Template)
Error: Package: munin-node-1.4.6-4.el6.2.noarch (piaf6)
Requires: perl(Net::SNMP)
Requires: perl-Net-Server
Requires: perl(Log::Log4perl)
Requires: perl-Net-SNMP
Error: Package: munin-node-1.4.6-4.el6.2.noarch (piaf6)
Requires: perl-Net-Server

Peter

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Well then it is broke for the moment. I will get to it when I can. Sorry

Tom

Peter847

Reaction score
No hurry, just reporting it because I thought you would want know.

Peter

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
always. There are a ****load of new dependencies that are not in the usual Centos 6.0 repos.... quite typical these days... Unfortunately these requirements are not in any single extra repo so they have to be collected and then put into ours and of course the src has to be made available to keep the software police at bay. It just takes time.

Tom

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
try the following

1. yum clean all
2. update-programs -d
3. install-munin -d

If that fails try editing the

/etc/yum.repos.d/piafrepo

look for the piaf6 portion

set enabled=1

Tom

Peter847

Reaction score
Yep, that works! But since my last reply I have reinstalled PIAF from the iso so I don't think the "yum clean all" did a lot.

Anyway many thanks for the help.

Peter

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
you only need to do the yum clean all if you were doing it to the existing system. If new install it does not need that command

Tom

luckman212

Guru
Reaction score
Not to digress too much but is munin one of the better ways to monitor a PIAF install? I remember it came preloaded by default on the small atom system I loaded with PIAF purple about a year and half ago, and I wound up disabling it because the munin processes were taking up too much cpu. Peter847 what type of system are you running this on?

Does anyone have any other recommendations for software to use to monitor (and possibly alert) the general health of a PIAF install. CPU temp, disk space, RAM usage, CPU usage, network traffic levels. Not even looking for asterisk metrics but those would be a benefit of course (call volume, SIP registration count, fail2ban hits, etc)

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
Doesn't FreePBX have a system info module that could be polled?

dswartz

Guru
Reaction score
I run icinga, which is a fork of nagios. my main server monitors the piaf server with the basic 'ping test' (although you could add others.) I also coded up a 'check_sip_peer' and 'check_sip_registration' scripts that use the asterisk command to query peer/registration status and return OK or not.

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
BTW munin is a work in programs the asterisk 1.8/10 do have a couple of problems with filling up a log file with an entry. Someone posted it in another thread and The author of the updated already knows about it. Also this mod has NOT been extensively testing so consider yourself a guinea pig.

Yesterday, I built a new test box using the latest PBXIAF ISO (2.0.6.2.1) and ran through munin-install. Interestingly, the fwrite() errors that fill up /var/log/asterisk/full when munin runs and were prevalent in 1.7.5.X no longer seem to occur in the latest installed version. I'm going to let this run awhile just to be sure.

It's still early, but in my opinion, the fwrite() problem is either a CentOS or Perl issue. I'll revisit this after I get caught up on other business and can investigate further.

-- Randy

Peter847

Reaction score
. . . Peter847 what type of system are you running this on?

luckman212: Apologies for not replying earlier. I'm running munin on an Acer Revo 1600 system and it doesn't look like it is hogging the processor. It reports my minimum idle time as 160%, I presume the max is 200% because it's a dual thread processor. But I should add I usually only have a maximum of two channels open on asterisk at any one time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.