Multiple Vultr identical servers

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
Looking to setup a vultr pbx 16-15 server. Once I get it all configured and production ready, I want to snapshot it and use it for my second location endpoints by creating a new server with the snapshot restore feature in vultr. I know a new instance will get a different IP, from vultr. I will also make sure to disable the trucks so that I can configure new trunks for the second location as well so it won't come online and interfere with the first box. What's the best way to change the server hostname and is there anything else I need to update in the second instance so there is no conflict with both instances concurrently running?

Last edited:

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
Looking to setup a vultr pbx 16-15 server. Once I get it all configured and production ready, I want to snapshot it and use it for my second location endpoints by creating a new server with the snapshot restore feature in vultr. I know a new instance will get a different IP, from vultr. I will also make sure to disable the trucks so that I can configure new trunks for the second location as well so it won't come online and interfere with the first box. What's the best way to change the server hostname and is there anything else I need to update in the second instance so there is no conflict with both instances concurrently running?

The very good thing about vultr (And DO and the rest) is you get a static IP, Use it for your trunks (make them ip based) ;-)

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
The very good thing about vultr (And DO and the rest) is you get a static IP, Use it for your trunks (make them ip based) ;-)
Can you provide a bit more on this? Also there's nothing else that needs to be updated other than hostname?

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
Can you provide a bit more on this? Also there's nothing else that needs to be updated other than hostname?

Use fully qualified naming everywhere extensions register to your domain name (not your ip) and allow your sip channels (pjsip or sip) to only allow the domain name registration, Trunks in and out only use ip/url not registration, all well covered here and elsewhere

Get that right and clone away as often as you want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.