Multiple remote extensions

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
The setup for 15-16 is on vultr. I have two remote extensions at the same location registering back with ip 113.45.6.78. should both register back to the pbx on different ports? One on 5061 and the other on say 5062?

And if so, does that mean on the yealink (ext701) configuration for the registration make it port 5061. Then for 701 in freepbx extension advanced tab also change that port to 5061?

702 would be 5062 in phone configuration and match 5062 on freepbx tab?

Hopefully that makes sense.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
It depends on your firewall at the remote location. Generally, SIP ALG has gotten better over the last couple years and often, you don't need to do anything. Simply set it up as is and the phones will just work.

In some cases, no, and using different SIP ports is OK as you describe. Make sure you update iptables to allow the additional ports.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
I'd say the exact opposite, SIP ALG is crap. Turn it off and let NAT do it's thing. And no, typically no special config is required.

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
I'd say the exact opposite, SIP ALG is crap. Turn it off and let NAT do it's thing. And no, typically no special config is required.

View attachment 2517
It's a Comcast gateway managing traffic with plenty of bandwidth. Calls were ringing to the wrong extension once I added an ata in the mix with the Yealink. I don't believe there is alg option in the gateway?

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
It's a Comcast gateway managing traffic with plenty of bandwidth. Calls were ringing to the wrong extension once I added an ata in the mix with the Yealink. I don't believe there is alg option in the gateway?

It depends on which router you've got. I prefer to put it in bridge mode and use my own.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Does the Comcrap box have port 5060 forwarded to said device? I could see that causing the described issue.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Comcast is the exception to that statement. Nothing works through their gateway. Put it in bridge mode and use something else.

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
Comcast is the exception to that statement. Nothing works through their gateway. Put it in bridge mode and use something else.
I don't like their gateway either, but there are only two extensions on location and everything was fine until I added the ATA. I think I have a workable solution. I moved the yealink to pjsip and left the ATA as a legacy sip extension. All appears to be functioning as it should.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I don't like their gateway either, but there are only two extensions on location and everything was fine until I added the ATA. I think I have a workable solution. I moved the yealink to pjsip and left the ATA as a legacy sip extension. All appears to be functioning as it should.

Yes that's defacto the same as putting different ports on different devices. An easy and workable solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.