QUESTION Multiple FAX DID's with incredifax...

ballhogg

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if it is possible to have a setup with incredifax where I have multiple FAX DID's coming in and want to have each one go to a different email address. Right now I have 3 different DID's that I have coming in for faxing purposes, and all of them are working with avantfax. But I only know how to have them all forwarded to the same email address.

Can anyone help me with this?

Also, maybe one other question. I've noticed on each extension it has a FAX section with a check box and a place to enter an email address. Is this functioning, and if so, how does it work? This may solve my problem as well.

Thanks in advance for your help.

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
Has anyone done this or know the best way to handle multiple incoming fax did's to different email addresses?

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Also, maybe one other question. I've noticed on each extension it has a FAX section with a check box and a place to enter an email address. Is this functioning, and if so, how does it work? This may solve my problem as well.

Yes it does, and I use it.

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if it is possible to have a setup with incredifax where I have multiple FAX DID's coming in and want to have each one go to a different email address. Right now I have 3 different DID's that I have coming in for faxing purposes, and all of them are working with avantfax. But I only know how to have them all forwarded to the same email address.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance for your help.
If there is a way to get the DID called in the body of the email, then you could set up an email filter to forward the fax to the correct reciepient. Anyone know how to have the DID called in the body of the email. I see where in faxrcvd.php the From: text defines the $company, if there was a way to add a line to have it define the DID on the next line as To:, that would work well.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
My apologies .. My template that I am still using for builds is 12, not 13. So it's not in 13 ??

No it is not. I have had this same question for a while now and never did find a way to make it work. Seems it will only send to one email address from what I can find. I do need to find a way to make this work with multiple DIDs with their own email address.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I do need to find a way to make this work with multiple DIDs with their own email address.
I know not the answer you want, but if you use the older incredible12, then you could. Other than that, you could see how FreePBX changed that - if its easy or not in the source to tweak it back in there. I haven't had time to look at 13, probably will skip to 14 ... and do double work playing with Fusion. Fusion is very active and they even have email-to-fax (although I haven't tried it yet).

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
I actually stumbled upon Fusion today while poking around in the forums. I fired it up on a DO droplet and am intrigued. I am going to play around with it some more. If I can make the faxing work with that the way I want I will probably go that direction. Hardest thing at that point will be getting all the recordings out of my current Incredible machines and put in the Fusion ones.

Dr. Kupka

Reaction score
No turnkey solution for 13, but it runs on my raspberry with version 11 (pure hylafax without avant). No idea how to modify avantfax to do the same... (except eliminate avantfax).

DID 1 -> context 1 -> ttyIAX0 -> email address 1
DID 2 -> context 2 -> ttyIAX1 -> email address 2
and so on

first redirect incoming fax on DID 1 to context "fax0" and let ring iax-fax0

Code:
[fax0]
exten => >DID1<,1,Answer
exten => >DID1<,n,Wait(1)
exten => >DID1<,n,SendDTMF(1)
exten => >DID1<,n,Dial(IAX2/iax-fax0/${EXTEN})
exten => >DID1<,n,Busy
exten => >DID1<,n,Hangup

[fax1]
exten => >DID2<,1,Answer
exten => >DID2<,n,Wait(1)
exten => >DID2<,n,SendDTMF(1)
exten => >DID2<,n,Dial(IAX2/iax-fax1/${EXTEN})
exten => >DID2<,n,Busy
exten => >DID2<,n,Hangup

[fax2]
exten => >DID3<,1,Answer
exten => >DID3<,n,Wait(1)
exten => >DID3<,n,SendDTMF(1)
exten => >DID3<,n,Dial(IAX2/iax-fax2/${EXTEN})
exten => >DID3<,n,Busy
exten => >DID3<,n,Hangup

[fax3]
exten => >DID3<,1,Answer
exten => >DID3<,n,Wait(1)
exten => >DID3<,n,SendDTMF(1)
exten => >DID3<,n,Dial(IAX2/iax-fax3/${EXTEN})
exten => >DID3<,n,Busy
exten => >DID3<,n,Hangup

second you have to modify /etc/hylafax/FaxDispatch:

Code:
case "$DEVICE" in
   ttyIAX0) SENDTO=EMAIL1@com; FILETYPE=pdf;; # all faxes received on ttyIAX0
   ttyIAX1) SENDTO=EMAIL2@com; FILETYPE=pdf;; # all faxes received on ttyIAX1
   ttyIAX2) SENDTO=EMAIL3@com; FILETYPE=pdf;; # all faxes received on ttyIAX2
   ttyIAX3) SENDTO=EMAIL4@com; FILETYPE=pdf;; # all faxes received on ttyIAX3
esac

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
If someone could figure out how to edit the email sent to include the DID called in the subject line, like the CID is, then you could setup an easy filter to have multiple faxes and DID's route to Hylafax destination. I've toyed with it and can't seem to figure out how to add the DID called into the email form.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.