SOLVED Multiple DID on babytel SIP provider setup

tim34

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a installed a new PBX in a flash system, but I'm not able to make it work with my 3 DID from babytel. I think they send the DID number in the TO sip header.

I had it working with my previous trixbox installation running FreePBX 2.4.1.5 and Asterisk 1.2.12.1 with the following context in extensions_custom.conf:

[babytel-in]

exten => _.,1,Set(DID=${SIP_HEADER(TO):5:11})
exten => _.,2,Set(CALLERID(num)=9${CALLERID(num)})
exten => _.,n,NoOp(from babytel-in set DID to ${DID})
exten => _.,n,Goto(from-trunk,${DID},1)

With this setup, i just have to put the babytel-in context in the trunk and my did work with the inbound route rules.

As the Freepbx is newer with my new PIAF installation, that dont seem to work. Does the from-trunk context still exist.

Anyone can help my with the new babytel-in context i have to setup in extensions_custom.conf.

Thanks,

Tim

ChicoCanada

Reaction score
Hey Tim, I just switched back to babyTel after 16 months of being with Axvoice due to their new world plan for $30/month. I have outbound calls working great. I also signed a form with babyTel to allow me to push my own defined CIDs on a per call basis. Works great.

The issue I am having is inbound calls. When I call in, my PIAF gets the call and give me a "this number is not in service message". Also, under tools>asterisk info>sip info my babyTel trunk shows as registered at the top but in the sip peer list, it shows as "unmonitored".

Any ideas?

Here is my trunk conf:

Peer details:

username=1NXXNXXXXXX
type=peer
secret=xxxxxxxx
outboundproxy=nat.babytel.ca:5065
insecure=port,invite
host=sip.babytel.ca
fromdomain=sip.babytel.ca
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=no
allow=ulaw

User details:

type=user
insecure=port,invite
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
context=from-trunk
allow=ulaw

Register string:

[email protected]: xxxxxxxx: [email protected]:5065/1NXXNXXXXXX

ChicoCanada

Reaction score
*FACEPALM*

I set "allow anonymous inbound sip calls" in the general settings and BAM, all working great.

Although, I still have the issue of Babytel appearing as "unmonitored" in my list of sip peers, as per the attached screenshot.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 7

ChicoCanada

Reaction score
Thank you. Unfortunately, that did not work. When I added that to my trunk peer details, it went from "unmonitored" to "unknown" and I could call out, but could not call in, I got the "all circuits are busy now" message.

Any other ideas?

Thank you

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Thank you. Unfortunately, that did not work. When I added that to my trunk peer details, it went from "unmonitored" to "unknown" and I could call out, but could not call in, I got the "all circuits are busy now" message.

Any other ideas?

Thank you
Qualify always works for me
Your register string doesn't look right to me
From the asterisk babytel configuration quide try
username:[email protected]:5065/1nxxnxxxxxx

ChicoCanada

Reaction score
I had that before and I had no outbound calls, they asked to change it to what I have a a few other things. Will try it in a bit and let you know.

ChicoCanada

Reaction score
Tried your suggestion and I lost my inbound calls. Status still showed as "unknown"

Thanks

ChicoCanada

Reaction score
Got it fixed. Had to add the port in a single line item. Now, with that and the qualify=yes, all is perfect.

Thank you!

P.S. I changed to IPs just to rule out future potential DNS issues.

username=1NXXNXXXXXX
type=peer
secret=xxxxxxxxx
outboundproxy=204.101.5.67:5065
port=5065
insecure=port,invite
host=204.101.5.67
fromdomain=204.101.5.67
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=no
allow=ulaw
qualify=yes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.