FYI Multiple DID for Free 3CX Demo License?

Brendan Moon

Reaction score
I've spent some time today experimenting with the 3CX software. All is working as expected, however it is only supporting inbound calls from the primary DID associated with the SIP Trunk.

The license makes clear that only one SIP Trunk is supported, but it also seems to limit use to one DID. This makes it very difficult to accomplish much testing. My SIP Trunk is coming from Flowroute. Calls to the "secondary" DIDs can't get delivered by Flowroute -- they ring busy.

I've tried using SIP Registration and Host IP routing for DIDs. Same result for both scenarios.

Any suggestions?

YiannisH

Support Team
Reaction score
Hello @Brendan Moon ,

Please note that there is no limit on DID routing on the Free Pbx edition as shown in the following article https://www.3cx.com/ordering/pricing/ .Have you added the DID's under the trunk settings? Have you created inbound rules for your DID's? also are the DID's reaching the PBX? Is there anything in the logs that indicates the numbers are reaching the PBX? You can also confirm by running a wireshark capture

Brendan Moon

Reaction score
Yes. I've added the DIDs under the trunk settings. Inbound Rules are created.

My instance is on a hosted DigitalOcean droplet, so wireshark analysis will be difficult. However, I'm confident the numbers are all reaching the PBX, because changing the "Main Trunk No" impacts which DID gets through. Only the DID listed as the "Main Trunk No" works.

YiannisH

Support Team
Reaction score
Can you add your DID's using a wildcard? Example if your DID is 123456789 add the DID as *456789 and create a new inbound rule and let us know if that works for you.

Brendan Moon

Reaction score
The DIDs have nothing in common other than the leading 1. Can I use a wildcard like 1XXXXXXXXXX ?

Brendan Moon

Reaction score
The other issue is that each DID needs different inbound routing. Using a wildcard in the Trunk definition for "Main Trunk No" implies they all route the same.

YiannisH

Support Team
Reaction score
The main trunk number should remain the same. the "*" should be used to replace the first digits of the DID's in case the number sent by the provider does not match the DID exactly. and you should create inbound rules for each DID separately. Just make sure that the numbers behind the star is 6 digits long. The use of a "*" means that everything after the * must be matched but everything before the * will not be matched.

Brendan Moon

Reaction score
My DIDs do not have any matching numbers. I can't use a 6 digit wildcard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.