TIPS Multiple Calls from Web; Appear on Multi-Line Softphone

ßryan

Reaction score
Good day.

Looking for some guidance, perhaps even a quick answer as to whether or not this could be done.

I'm working on setting up an internet based radio show. I'd like to be able to take phone calls from a softphone application that will sit on our website. Ideally, I'd like to have a 5-line softphone setup in the "studio" where I can bring callers "on air", record conversations, etc.

I'm trying to grasp the concept of how the web-based softphone could handle the possibility of multiple callers at the same time. I don't believe the web-based softphone could utilize a static extension number. I'm not sure how to overcome this.

The other difficulty I'm trying to figure in my head is how to route the calls to a 5-line softphone application in the studio. (Such as wxCommunicator). Probably just need to program the "line" buttons on the softphone as access to a pool?

Thoughts or suggestions on how to achieve this are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

kenn10

Reaction score
Some SIP softphones allow multiple calls on the same extension, just as most SIP hardphones do. You just define several buttons as the same extension and the calls will rolls to a vacant button. The Bria 4 softphone from CounterPath will allow this. These are not web-based per se but are applications that run as a clients on a PC or smartphone.

You will likely need to use something like PIAF or other Asterisk-based solution to front-end calls from the web and route them to the softphone application.

ßryan

Reaction score
Yep, have IncrediblePBX running as a VM within my network, just haven't thought much about this aspect of the project until now. From an incredible PBX point of view, would the web-based softphone on the webpage have a static extension number (would that allow multiple visitors to call simultaneously)?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.