TIPS multi site piaf dial any extension from calling in to IVR

scurry7

Reaction score
I've got a 5 sites setup via IAX2 trunks (my free pbx trunk details below). I'm trying to set it up so when I dial into my main site (which goes to IVR with direct dial enabled), that I can dial an extension from any of the remote sites. now it says not a valid extension. I can dial any extension from my phone set (setup by outbound routes pointing to the iax2 trunk).

How can i make it so when i call in my main # (which is pointed to a IVR) that I can dial extensions at my remote sites?

iax2 setup:
Code:
peer details:
host=192.168.54.2
username=wd-user
secret=***
type=peer
qualify=yes
trunk=yes

user details:
secret=***
type=user
context=from-internal
requirecalltoken=no

jmullinix

Guru
Reaction score
You will need to add some code to extensions_custom.conf to make that work.

At the bottom of extensions_custom.conf add the following context:

Code:
[ivr-4-custom]
exten => _4xx,1,goto(from-internal,${EXTEN},1)
You will need to look in extensions_additional.conf to find out what number your IVR is. In my example above, it is "ivr-4". The line that starts with "exten" is where the dialing is done. My example above assumes that the remote site has extensions that begin with 4 and are 3-digits long. You will need a separate line for each location so, if you have 5 locations, you will need 4 lines that start with "exten =>" and different match patterns.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.