SOLVED mp3 iphone voicemail attachment playback

TBsampson

Guru
Joined
Oct 20, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Spring, TX
I'm running on an EC2 micro with CentOS 6 / FreePBX 12.0.1rc29. I started with the public image that was originally posted here back when folks just started venturing into EC2 and then have just upgraded over time. I'm suddenly having a problem with mp3 voice-mail attachments not playing back on the iphone.

I've followed these instructions...
Code:
cd /root
wget http://pbxinaflash.com/installmp3stt.sh
chmod +x installmp3stt.sh
./installmp3stt.sh
And in Settings, Voicemail Admin, Settings and made the following changes:
Code:
format: wav|wav49
mailcmd: /usr/sbin/sendmailmp3
I have also tried the following in /usr/sbin/sendmailmp3
Code:
  lame -m m -b 64 stream.part3.wav stream.part3.mp3
Code:
    lame -m m -b 24 stream.part3.wav stream.part3.mp3
Users are getting their emails with the mp3 attached. However, those with iphones complain that the mp3 will only play from their computer, but not the iphone. I have also tested this with an iphone and verified that it will not play. It opens the mp3 as if to play, but just doesn't play it.

I have also re-installed lame (lame.x86_64 0:3.99.3-23.el6) and restarted asterisk, but I just can't seem to figure out what I need to do to get the mp3 to play on an iphone (tried with iphone 4s, 5, 5c)

Anyone have an idea how to fix this?
 

TBsampson

Guru
Joined
Oct 20, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Spring, TX
After much trial and error, this worked:

Code:
lame --abr 24 -mm -h -c --resample 22.050 stream.part3.wav stream.part3.mp3
 

pmosher441

New Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2012
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Thanks very much, TBsampson. We've modified the download scripts accordingly. Works with iPhone 6 and Android as well.
I had some issues with the latest script on my Incredible Pi. When I ran it per instructions in 1st post, for some reason it tried to execute the "yum" instructions instead of the "apt-get" versions. It looks like the line
Code:
SYS=`cat /proc/cpuinfo | head -n 1 | cut -f 2 -d " "`
in the script isn't picking up the processor model name (ARMv6), which is on line 2 of cpuinfo, but rather the processor (0) which is on line 1.

To get the script to work, I simply commented out the if statement so that only the apt-get commands were executed. I think this is working now, I'm getting mp3 files for voicemails.
 

Members online

PIAF 5 - Powered by 3CX

Forum statistics

Threads
22,455
Messages
138,070
Members
14,620
Latest member
Brads#Bell