TIPS Moving to the cloud

Alex Hackney

Reaction score
I've got several clients on cloud instances but one still has a server on site. They have about 40 endpoints but their internet or power goes out a lot. I'd like to put them in the cloud but dont want to rebuild the server from scratch. Is there a way to migrate the extensions, ivrs and call logs?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
See if you have Bulk Handler module under Admin. That's the easy way.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
s there a way to migrate the extensions, ivrs and call logs?

You can get away with it if you have the same version in cloud as you do on premise. Just do a backup / restore. If versions aren't the same, you can try to upgrade the version of FreePBX on Premise before the backup, and you can get kind of close where it probably works. The other thing I've seen is to just clonezilla the on premise server and restore it in the cloud to varying degrees of success depending upon hardware used. BUT .. the tried and true method that works every time is ..... cut/paste.

Alex Hackney

Reaction score
Yea I just checked the system. Looks like its still 13.13.1 Incredible PBX 12.0.74

Is the upgrade to latest script still feasible for this? I think I installed this system 4 - 5 years ago and has just been humming away for years with no issues, other than their site issues.

Alex

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Bulk Handler will work but you can't do any type of backup/restore that messes with MySQL tables and var-www-html-admin tree or you step all over the new stuff. Bulk Handler lets you get the individual pieces for extensions, trunks, etc. without damaging everything else.

Alex Hackney

Reaction score
Is there a different module to install for the bulk export? I expected from the old system and tried to import on a test system I spun up and it said the heaters were wrong.

Alex Hackney

Reaction score
I have two modules under administrator. Bulk DIDs and Bulk Extensions.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Try installing the new module:

/root/gpl-install bulkhandler

or

/root/gpl-install-fpbx bulkhandler

Alex Hackney

Reaction score
I don't have either of those, locally. Is there somewhere I can get them?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Here you go. Just untar into var-www-html-admin-modules and install from GUI.

Attachments

• bulkhandler.tar.gz
    46.3 KB · Views: 4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.