TIPS Moving from Schmoozecom appliance to Pi?

Brent R

Reaction score
Hi Folks. Our FreePBX box is old. I was wondering how portable the back up would be.

The old Schmoozecom box is 12.0.76.6 FreePBX and 6.12.65-32. I use Vitelity with it.

Any chance of building the Pi machine in Article "The Gold Standard: It’s Incredible PBX for Raspberry Pi 3B+" and using the configuration from the Schmoozecom box?

I don't work with the PBX except to change little things. If it sound possible I'll bring in a real-computer-guy.

Thanks!
Brent

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
There really are only 4 main pieces to setting up a basic PBX: trunks, extensions, outbound routes telling the PBX which trunks to use for outgoing calls, and inbound routes to tell the PBX how to route incoming calls. You're probably better off using cut-and-paste to copy the old settings to the new platform. But it's nothing you can't do yourself.

Brent R

Reaction score
Thanks Ward! I'm going to give it a go. I would love to see the Pi doing what the Schmoozecom box is doing. Our needs are pretty conservative so i see no reason why it shouldn't do fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.