GO HERE Modification to 'status' program

Reaction score
I would like to modify the STATUS program which shows an overview of the system status. I need to add a couple of items relevant to my system.

Is this code available to modify? If not, are there any hooks/api for this program which would allow me to add a couple more items?

Thanks

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
All of the status apps with Incredible PBX come with source code for status. You might want to download and install one of the stand-alone versions and grab what you need. See this post for the available offerings.

Reaction score
Sorry if this is obvious (but I'm on day 1)...
1. I installed PIAF through the v3 installer. I see a status executable but no status.c or other source files. Is this package different from Incredible PBX in terms of including source code?
2. If I modify the status program source, can I contribute it back to the project? (Assuming it benefits other users)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
1. yes.
2. For the Incredible PBX versions of status, we would love to see your changes. Keep in mind that the status program varies somewhat depending upon the platform for obvious reasons. Thanks.

Reaction score
I pulled down the latest Incredible PBX and have it up and running now. I see the status executable under /usr/local/sbin but I can't find the source file/tree. Is the source tree automatically installed (and if so where)?

billsimon

Reaction score
I pulled down the latest Incredible PBX and have it up and running now. I see the status executable under /usr/local/sbin but I can't find the source file/tree. Is the source tree automatically installed (and if so where)?

file /usr/local/sbin/status

I think you'll find that it is a script.

Reaction score
Ha - I didn't expect that. Well that makes it easy.

Do PBIAF and iPBX share the same status script? Or do I have to modify 2 different source trees?

Thanks

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
As I said, source code is not available for the PIAF status app, and there are multiple status apps for Incredible PBX depending upon the platform: CentOS, Ubuntu, Raspbian, PogoPlug, RasPBX, BeagleBone Black, RentPBX Cloud, and Elastix.

Reaction score
Thanks - now I get it. I assumed you had a common source tree with branches for each platform...and that I could somehow modify the root and the branches would all inherit the code (just applying diff's). That sounds like a lot of maintenance work to keep all those code bases in sync.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We try to build it right the first time :)

Keep in mind there are different OS "languages" plus different web servers. Email servers, MySQL setups, not to mention completely different GUI platforms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.