FOOD FOR THOUGHT Missing WYSIWYG Editor

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Guess I gotta say again: working fine for me... See above

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
Trying to post from an android tablet. No improvement on the way the editor works. No tools. No formatting options presented. Thought a different OS and browser combination might have an effect. Not!
/P./

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
For those having the problem, do me a favor. I've turned on the backup board at http://wardmundy.net:81/community. Log in there and see if you experience the same editor issues. Report back here. Don't post there. Thanks.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
The backup board has all the options- text size, font, bold, etc
also has the upload file button

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Yes, the backup board does display correctly with all of the options available.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
So the question is whether we restore the last backup (Oct. 18) and wipe out the last 9 days or keep looking. Suggestions??

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
If it were me, I'd keep looking. It's probably staring at us all. Take a break, go to breakfast (yes, have some bacon) and walk around the block. Come back in the office and log back on. Answers always appear that way... :)

PeterPan

Reaction score
Except I just created a new account and it does the same thing. --wm

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
I just pulled the XML in Firefox. The glaring difference is that this statement is missing class="mceEditor xenForoSkin" role="application" aria-labelledby="ctrl_message_html_voice"> yet available on the old board.

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
The editing options are working on the backup board ... didn't try "everything" or if the preview option does 'nothing' on the backup as was previously suggested. Here, on the main board ... the preview button does nothing - not even a 'flash' of the screen.

/Pete./

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I'm going to keep looking through the end of the day. Then I think we need to restore the backup and move on. Don't really want to lose more than 2 weeks of postings. And we may not lose any. It may be a file corruption issue that can be fixed by replacing the files and not the database.

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
I'm going to keep looking through the end of the day. Then I think we need to restore the backup and move on. Don't really want to lose more than 2 weeks of postings. And we may not lose any. It may be a file corruption issue that can be fixed by replacing the files and not the database.

Thanks for all of the unanticipated time spent on finding a solution. My hat's off to you for searching for the source of the problem and ... the ultimate solution.

/Pete./

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Thanks for the hat tip, but no cigar. We tried restoring the identical backup that's running on the backup server, and the problem is still there. That pretty much rules out the forum software. We're checking with the hosting provider to see if they've made any "improvements." o_O

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Got a feeling it may be because you had stuff cached there. On fresh installs, it's missing.

ok, this was a brand new login from a Windows 10 machine which I had never logged into from before. I also chose "to not keep myself logged in" hang on, testing something
PHP:
 no, still broken O.o, really struggling to eliminate the issue ; now[PHP]

PeterPan

Reaction score
Half-way back. Just click in the Editor window.
Code:
Here is some code.

This is non-WYSIWYG but it does restore most of the functionality.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.