FOOD FOR THOUGHT Missing WYSIWYG Editor

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Let's try this. I will convert a couple of you to regular user permissions and see if it helps.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
PHP:
[PLAIN]it's almost like the forum software is literally taking the
out of everything I type[/PLAIN]

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
same as Trimline2 post reply and more options buttons only
created a new user yesterday
today when i log in with this new user I can't create a new message
when I try to reply I get (You have insufficient privileges to post here.)
cleared browser cache & cookies on FF, Chrome, & Safari

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score

What the account name??

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Google Chrome on Ubuntu here, Version 46.0.2490.80 (64-bit) be right back, trying in Firefox

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
posting from Firefox 41.0.2 still no change o_O
PHP:
 Can I just post like this from now on? I'm liking the colours, a lot :)
Hang on, if I put one BB Code in, the forum is auto completing and putting the finishing code in?
PHP:
That would suggest, that when I reply the forum is putting the first p in but not adding the rest, almost like it assumes I have put that first p, and it auto finishes the BB code, which is why the formatting is missing...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I see some BBcode changes, but I want to check the backup site before making any changes. May be tomorrow. We're headed out to a party in a minute. Sorry.

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
Posted to the wrong message ... but appropriate response there, too ... I'm seeing HTML or BBcodes in this reply ... and this is from a "substitute" ID that I had created in response to Ward's request. NOTHING is different with this new account. Nothing seems to "play pretty" with the forum at this time. At Ward's request, I've I've tried a different browser (Chrome and MS Internet Explorer) ... both accounts, same results. Cleared the cache in all browsers ... same results. Using Windows 7 Home and Windows 7 Home. No difference. Also the "Preview" option does not work. /Pete./
And new lines aren't respected by the editor ... have to insert BBCodes to break up lines. /Pete./

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score

Your new user would need to be "approved" before you'd be able to post anything to the forum. I've cleared browser cache (Chrome, Firefox, IE), etc., but have not tried a different operating system. I'm running Windows 7 Pro and Home on different computers. On all of the computers I see the same.

/Pete./

geopeterwc2

Reaction score
New user geopeterwc2 has the same formatting/editor problems ... so a "new user" to the forums (using Firefox, Chrome, or IE and Windows 7) is in the same boat. /Pete./

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
so 4 out of 5 gurus who have posted on this thread are having trouble with formatting /me presses return tycho please try typing and essay and hitting the return/enter button a few times, /me presses return twice you will notice all your paragraph spacing has gone walkies

OK, I'll give that a try. Maybe I didn't give the editor a proper workout when I first said "no problem here."

I just typed a couple of returns...

Here are some strike-outs. Go Cubs! :)

This text​
is a block​
that has been indented​

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.